The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB Atlas is the premier multi-cloud database-as-a-service built and operated by the makers of MongoDB. The Cloud Operations Engineering team at MongoDB is a worldwide team responsible for the consistent operational success of every MongoDB Atlas customer. As a Cloud Operations Engineer, you will help ensure the success of our Atlas customers, whether they are early startups or large multinational companies, cloud-native or just getting started with a digital transformation to the cloud. You are excited about the core mission of MongoDB, and the opportunity to join the team responsible for operating Atlas, the fastest-growing multi-cloud database-as-a-service in the world. You are prepared to be one of the founding members of a 24/7/365 global cloud operations team.
Cloud Operations Engineers will be responsible for day-to-day duties such as creating and monitoring systems alert dashboards, reviewing critical event and system logs, accessing customer instances that underpin their production databases and performing server administration duties including performance troubleshooting. Applicants must be critical thinkers who are quick to detect, resolve, or escalate issues that are sometimes broad in scope and difficult to trace.
FedRamp engineers are specifically tasked with supporting our government customers in our FedRamp Atlas environment. This includes SLED (State and Local Government and Education), various federal agencies, and other customers that leverage FedRamp.
At MongoDB you will grow your career and skills, wear multiple hats, and be part of an operations team that works at the frontier of Cloud services and database systems.
- Successfully coordinate with a global team of Cloud Operations Engineers who are tasked with ensuring our uptime guarantees to our Atlas customer base
- Help scale the worldwide Cloud Operations Engineering team with the strategic implementation of new processes and tools
- Assist in scoping, designing and deploying systems that reduce Mean Time to Resolve for customer incidents
- Monitor and detect emerging customer-facing incidents on the Atlas platform; assist in their proactive resolution
- Automate routine monitoring and troubleshooting tasks
- Diagnose live incidents, differentiate between platform issues versus usage issues, and take the next steps toward resolution
- Cooperate with our product management and cloud engineering organizations by identifying areas for improvement in the management applications powering the Atlas infrastructure
- Inform executive leadership and escalation management personnel of major outages
- Ability to work 2nd Shift schedule: 3pm-12am EST Monday-Friday
- Experience with being an on call DevOps, SRE, or Cloud Operations engineer (at least 2 years)
- Expertise with Linux system administration, configuration, troubleshooting
- Expertise with networking technologies like DNS, TCP/IP, etc.
- Knowledge of database operations and concepts
- Knowledgeable about a wide range of web and internet technologies
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services and other Cloud infrastructure platforms (e.g. GCP, Azure)
- Experience in monitoring, system performance data collection and analysis, and reporting
- Capability to write small programs/scripts to solve both short-term systems problems
- A CS/CE degree or equivalent experience
- A keen interest in learning new things
- Be a US Person (i.e. U.S. citizen, U.S. national, lawful permanent resident, asylee, or refugee)
- Willingness and ability to participate in pager duty rotations during nights, weekends and holidays (approximately one out of every six weeks), at least during an initial ramping period (and potentially permanently).
Nice To Have
- Competitive salary, equity, pension and health insurance
- Regular performance, compensation and development reviews
- 20 weeks Maternity & Paternity leave to spend time with new arrivals
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.