The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB continues to grow incredibly fast. We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Sales Commissions Supervisor to play a key role within MongoDB’s Sales Compensation team. This is the perfect opportunity to roll up your sleeves and have a positive impact at a hyper-growth company. In this high impact role, you will work closely with executives and internal functions including Sales, Sales Operations, Sales Analytics, Deal Desk, Business Systems, Finance and Accounting, and HR to improve and establish processes and systems for our next stage of growth. This will be a very hands-on role, reporting to the Sr. Director of International Finance, and will help support the build out and ongoing administration of our sales incentive programs while overseeing the sales commission calculation and payout process.
The Impact You Will Have:
- Manage the administration of MongoDB’s Global Sales Compensation Plan in Xactly Incent, including timely electronic distribution of plans and tracking acceptance, individual plan set-up in the system, maintaining sales hierarchy and territory mapping, process adjustments, and data validation.
- Partner with Sales Operations and Sales Finance to maintain and deploy worldwide annual compensation plans on time.
- Working closely with the Commissions Manager, you will assist with leading the process to build, rollout and administer our global sales compensation programs. This includes defining and documenting sales compensation mechanics and policies and collecting and validating relevant data to ensure commissions are calculated.
- Ensure Draws, MBOs, Commission Bonuses, and SPIFF payouts are paid timely and accurately.
- Thoroughly understand and execute calculations on all compensation plans to ensure payments are accurate, complete, and in compliance with company policy or practice.
- Supervise a team of one analyst with future expansion for growth.
- Provide ongoing quality support and resolve commission cases and exceptions to the sales field and sales management.
- Work cross-functionally, including Business Systems, to scale the commissions process and systems aligning with Company growth, maintaining a focus on continuous process improvement by identifying opportunities for efficiency and implementing time/resource saving solutions.
- Provide ongoing training for new and existing sales field and sales management on Xactly software and commission processes.
- Work closely with Human Resources and Sales Operations to track changes in sales employee data for new hires, terminations, promotions, transfers, compensation and retroactive changes.
- Prepare and post monthly sales commission and bonus accruals and payments on time.
- Actively partner with the Revenue Accounting team to ensure accurate monthly accruals under ASC 606
- Work with internal/external auditors on an ongoing basis for SOX commission process and testing and prepare audit related deliverables as needed.
- Assist with ad hoc commission data gathering, reporting, analysis and other projects as needed.
- Develop and assist with maintaining written process documents needed to effectively manage all compensation-related processes.
Experience and Skills:
- 3+ years working in Commissions or Compensation related Finance and Accounting roles
- 1+ years working in a Supervisory role.
- Strong understanding of sales compensation operations methodologies and processes.
- Demonstrated experience developing effective partnerships with stakeholders.
- Experience with developing and drafting process documents and system workflows.
- Experience administering complex Incentive Plans.
- Experience working with dynamic sales teams.
- Experience handling a high volume of transactions.
- Experience with Salesforce.com, NetSuite, SuccessFactors, Smartsheet or similar project management/collaboration tool, and data visualization tools (Tableau) a strong plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets, Advance Formulas & Functions.
- Proficiency with Xactly Incent & Analytics or similar commissions/reporting tools.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.