The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB seeks an experienced front-end software engineer to help level-up the Engineering Corps and grow its sales tools offerings by orders of magnitude. Central to MongoDB’s ability to provide the myriad of technical resources utilized daily by all company employees, the Engineering Corps’ responsibility is to realize and develop internal technical solutions to problems facing individual employees, teams, departments, and the company as a whole. The team is comprised of front-end and back-end engineers with a large breadth of expertise and experience, and a track record of timely delivery and delighted customers.
Our ideal candidate:
- 4 years experience developing awesome software with front-end technologies (React a must) and familiar with back-end development (Python a huge plus)
- Knows the ins and outs of HTML5 and has written, contributed to, or heavily modified CSS style systems, libraries, or other areas of component design.
- Familiar with the factors that impact UX and proficient in designing intuitive UIs
- Experience performing usability testing, analyzing results, and converting results into actionable items
- Comfortable with CI/CD strategies and tooling
- Is self-motivated and not afraid to break a few eggs to get a product over the finish line
- Builds great things alone, but the greatest things in collaboration with others
- Develop internal tools that are reliable, scalable, and intuitive to use
- Partner with Product Design to perform usability testing and ensure excellent UX across all applications
- Regularly review application code, mentor junior developers, and bring in new best practices to the rest of the team
- Author and review functional specifications and scoping documents for new projects
- Work with the Sales Team and Sales Operations to understand how they do business and develop technical solutions to help them do so more efficiently and effectively
- Investigate gaps and limitations in existing tooling and develop well-thought-out long-term solutions
- Have lots of fun doing all of the above things
- In three months you will have familiarized yourself with much of our application portfolio, make regular contributions, and help to resolve incidents and respond to user requests.
- In six months you will have taken ownership over our major UIs and dramatically improved the UX
- In a year you will have too many pleased customers to do everything they ask of you. You will have made a number of sizable contributions to our code base that significantly improve the quality, reliability, and adoption of our services.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.