The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB Professional Services exist to support the development of our customers’ vision, accelerate customers’ time to value, and drive a multitude of customer adoption scenarios - from building new solutions to modernizing legacy applications or migrating to cloud. Our consulting solutions ensure that organizations get the best out of MongoDB.
The Professional Services (PS) Operations Specialist will be part of a global Operations team. This role is responsible for the overall operations of MongoDB Services in North America alongside another Operations Specialist in this region. This is a key, busy and cross-functional role working closely with clients, sales, consultants, and the finance and legal teams to ensure successful delivery of services. This role is primarily responsible for project staffing and resource scheduling on a broad range of consulting engagements. In parallel, this role focuses on developing and implementing best practices and initiatives for our growing Services team. This role will report to the Director of Operations, Worldwide PS.
*This role is remote optional until November 1, 2021, we are looking to speak to candidates who plan to be available in Austin, TX for when we introduce our hybrid model.
- Projects Delivery
- Staff projects and schedule resources on a broad range of consulting engagements
- Work strongly with the Regional PS Managers and Project Managers, become their trusted partner and strategize on how best to engage with customers and their specific needs
- Interact closely and in a timely and professional manner with MongoDB clients to ensure the successful delivery of services purchased and prevent cancellations
- Pro-actively manage the backlog of consulting engagements and anticipate services changes such as extensions or conversions in alignment with the company policies
- Ensure team utilization targets are met
- Ensure high customer satisfaction and reference ability
- PS Team Operations
- Ensure weekly and monthly time tracking submissions and approvals meet the org deadlines
- Support the onboarding and offboarding of new hires and contractors
- Develop, implement, document and enforce best practices that can continually enhance MongoDB Services and its scale
- Drive awareness and compliance of the org policies
- PS Business Operations
- Report and forecast on team utilization targets
- Track all consulting engagements within Financial Force which is our PSA tool
Skills and behaviors
- 3+ years previous experience working in operations for fast growing teams is required
- Proven track record of managing operations for fast growing teams
- Exceptional verbal and written communication is required
- Must be proactive and able to use initiative with a willingness to learn on the job
- Must be able to multi-task and adapt to last minute changes
- Passion for driving scale, operational excellence and efficiencies
- Ability to prioritize, highlight risk and escalate as appropriate
- Ability to establish credibility with business owners from around the organization and to create strong partnerships with other teams
- Flexible in approach with a can-do and positive attitude
- Previous experience in customer success roles or consulting is a plus
- Previous experience using FinancialForce is a plus
- Bachelor's degree
- Communication: Build strong relationships and keep stakeholders accountable, manage expectations and risks with a wide range of audiences
- Operational excellence: Comply with the team and PS org day to day processes at all times. Suggest processes and controls that seamlessly adapt to the business growth and changes over time
- Proactive mindset: Think forward, anticipate how to best juggle resources and the backlog and bring the necessary stakeholders to the equation to prevent last minute emergencies
- Problem solving: Collect, analyze challenges and bring solutions to the table
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.