The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
Content Marketing is a cross-functional team dedicated to enabling great customer experiences and content journeys. We develop content and multi-channel strategies targeted toward developer and technical decision maker audiences.
We’re looking for our first Web Content Strategist to help transform the way we interact with our audiences across our web properties. This role will lead and define new content strategies and guide the creation of engaging, “user-first” experiences that help solve customer pain points. To be successful in this role, you have a solid understanding of B2B marketing and the ability to convey technical concepts or make MongoDB product benefits clear and simple to understand.
This role requires strong collaboration and communication skills and the ability to drive cross-functional alignment. You will work closely with colleagues in web, analytics, design, product marketing, growth, research and other content teams across the organization to strengthen the MongoDB voice, and share and create thoughtful content standards and guidelines.
Our ideal candidate
- Has experience working as a Content Strategist, Writer, SEO research, mobile or other similar role in a product-focused environment
- Fundamentally understands the interplay between content and web marketing strategies, including acquisition funnel experiences and cross-linking content
- Uses quantitative and qualitative data to make informed decisions about the strategy and execution of web copy
- Has experience with lifecycle management of content from planning to development, management and measurement
- Has experience with localization and/or creating content for global audiences
- Can successfully work through ambiguity and competing projects
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Establish the role of Web Content Strategy based on research, data and business need inputs
- Audit websites and content repositories to inform approach and identify what types of content and strategies are required as well as what content should be deprecated — and why
- Define the business objectives, KPIs and content measurement strategy as well as tactics to drive the changes needed to deliver impact
- Collaborate across the organization to leverage existing content and drive integration of content across channels to enable efficient cross-marketing
- Partner with the Web team to develop governance for creation and maintenance, quality control processes and procedures to roll-out to the department and beyond
- Create content strategies aligned to SEO best practices, including image annotation and metadata
- Develop and drive adherence of taxonomies and tagging systems to inform Information Architecture
- Participate in experimentation and A/B testing to optimize web pages
- Partner with content and digital strategists and web design to develop project and brief requirements and project managing those solutions through to successful implementations
- Elevate our storytelling and brand, in conjunction with visual design, by driving compelling and relatable copy aligned to brand messaging, tone of voice guidelines and value propositions
- Plan, coordinate, and manage the deliverables of assigned copywriting and design staff, including freelancers and contractors, to ensure quality control and timeliness of projects
- Facilitate content critiques, participate in cross-functional workshops, and communicate feedback and guidance on web experience prototypes
You’ll be successful if you
- Own our core values and adhere to them in your work
- Are open, honest, proactively contribute, and collaborate with others
- Fundamentally understand MongoDB's product ecosystem, how different products are built, and the teams who built them — or the interest to learn about them
- Understand the broader competitive landscape around our products, and make informed decisions using that information
Who you are
- 5+ years of relevant experience, knowledge, skills and abilities
- Experience working on websites and understanding of the different teams involved (web, UX/UI, development, marketing operations)
- Ability to derive insights from analytics to make actionable recommendations
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.