The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB is seeking the newest member of the IT Audio Visual & Collaboration team. You will join an existing team that provides AV&C support for all of our global offices and remote employees. The role will be providing remote support for all regions and local support for EMEA. Our goal is to maximize the productivity and efficiency of our colleagues through the simple and intuitive use of technology. We accomplish this by driving and implementing best-in-class AV&C experiences in our shared spaces and end-user workstations, while providing white-glove day-to-day support. Our team manages elements of our internal AV&C infrastructure, including: video conferencing services, conference room technology, digital signage, collaboration tools, and more. We work closely with our Corporate Communications, Workplace, and Video Production teams to broadcast events and messaging to other offices and remotely around the world. You will have the opportunity to design, implement, operate, and troubleshoot the systems, services, and tools we own, in both physical and cloud-based environments. We believe strongly in personal growth and mentorship so your ability to succeed is directly related to your desire to grow.
- Configure, deploy, and maintain conference room devices, automating the process wherever possible
- Help our colleagues maximize their abilities through the effective use of technology: investigate their issues and perform hands-on troubleshooting if necessary
- Provide exceptional support to executives and other company VIPs
- Be a strong technical voice within the organization by assisting with training for colleagues and developing self service resources where possible
- Help ensure that the tools our colleagues use to collaborate not only work, but work together in an efficient manner
- Participate in on-call support rotations; be available for off-hour maintenance and upgrades
- Provide support for audio/visual systems, both day-to-day as well as support for company meetings and events
- Function as on-premises liaison for AV contractors during office builds and upgrades
- Maintain detailed documentation of work completed, using the information gathered to develop self service knowledge bases and improved user guides Success Measures
The IT AV&C Support Specialist will be successful in this role when they can execute the following strategic tasks/responsibilities
- Maintain an accelerated personal growth path
- In 3 months you’ll be fully up to speed on the services and technologies we deploy and maintain, having the ability to independently handle day to day AV tasks
- Within 6 months you’ll be actively contributing to novel solutions to inefficient processes and problems
- By 12 months you’ll be thinking largely in terms of efficiency and have the skills necessary to execute on your ideas. This could mean anything from becoming a Slack Integration Wizard to a Zoom Rooms Guru; your growth path is largely defined by your interests and desires
- Customer Service: Provide an unparalleled customer experience by offering top-notch technical support, creating easy to follow self service resources, and workflow automations for our colleagues
- Communication: Successfully communicate team challenges and support solutions internally and externally, while having the ability to communicate complex technical issues simply and convincingly to a wide range of audiences
- Research: Collect and analyze feedback from both our internal customers as well as our systems to better understand our clients needs and inform automation/optimization efforts
Our ideal candidate will have
- 3+ years of experience in an end-user support role, including experience providing technical assistance to Executives or other VIPs
- A strong desire to grow technically
- Hands-on familiarity with MacOS & Windows environments
- Intermediate understanding of small scale networking
- Experience working with multiple integrated SaaS products
- A naturally strong diagnostic/troubleshooting process, with significant experience troubleshooting conference room and office AV technology
- An understanding of home office video conferencing or streaming technologies
- The desire to “automate everything,” combined with the ability to rapidly learn the technical skills necessary to do so
- The ability to clearly communicate complex technical topics to a wide range of employees in both verbal and written form
- A naturally calm and empathetic demeanor under pressure, combined with the ability to concurrently solve multiple issues in real-time
- Ability to travel to regional offices as needed
- Experience with video or audio production for live events preferred
- Experience with Zoom\WebEx\Google Meet administration, Confluence and online collaboration tools such as Miro or Slack is a plus
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.