The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $89B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB is the next-generation database that helps businesses transform their industries by harnessing the power of data. The world’s most sophisticated organizations, from cutting-edge startups to the largest companies, use MongoDB to build applications never before possible at a fraction of the cost of legacy databases. This is a rare opportunity to work for a breakthrough company that is reinventing a $80B market. It is the fastest-growing database in the planet, and the MongoDB community is redefining industries with especially innovative applications.
Shift Timings: 06:30 PM-02:30AM
- Involved in month-end, quarter-end and year-end close activities including preparing journal entries, payroll journal entries, account reconciliations, roll-forward schedules and variance analysis
- Responsible for general ledger accounts, including cash, fixed assets, accruals, pre-paid expense amortization, lease accounting, stock option accounting and intercompany transactions
- Collaborate and work closely with auditors during quarterly reviews and annual audits, prepare supporting schedules, footnotes and audit requests
- Assist in issuance of monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial statements
- Assist in the design and implement internal controls and process documentation
- Identifies opportunities for process improvements and strengthening internal controls, drive implementation of recommendations
- Adherence to GAAP with respect to all accounting interpretations and applications
- Work cross functionally, and interact with all levels of management
- Assist with other projects as new projects present themselves
- At least 2 years of experience in a General Ledger or Audit role
- Strong knowledge of GL, US GAAP, internal controls, and accounting processes and procedures
- NetSuite experience is a plus
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Must be a positive, energetic team player
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced Excel skills is a plus
Life at MongoDB
Our India office culture
- 120+ people, with teams in Sales, Engineering, HR, Finance, IT & Marketing
- Regular group outings and opportunities to get to know your colleagues
- Employee affinity groups
- Competitive salary and equity
- Comprehensive Health cover, dental cover, travel insurance & Life Insurance
- Free lunch twice per week and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy and sweet treats
- MacBook’s are company standard
- 26 weeks Maternity & 20 Paternity leave to spend time with new arrivals
Interviewing is not an easy thing and can feel very alien to many people. There are some things we’d like you to know if you are considering working with us.
- Most importantly- WE WANT YOU TO SUCCEED. Our aim is not to catch you or make life difficult. When we interview, we’re trying to assess a couple of things
- Would you be successful if you were part of our team
- Would you love working here and be a positive influence in our team
- Would you be able to grow and become more during your time here
- We seek to provide a lot of feedback through our interview process, usually directly in the interview. We love working with people who are always trying to better themselves. Hopefully, you will gain a positive experience through this but if not we’d love to hear your feedback
- When you’re preparing to interview (either with us or someone else), you’ll often be sharing stories of your past. An excellent way to frame this is with the STAR model: Situation, Task, Action, Result. This allows you to succinctly share the experiences you’ve gained
We are remote optional through October 31, 2021 afterwards this role will be in-office in our Gurugram office long-term.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
**MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer**