The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
Who You Are
With some engineering experience, you’re looking to level up your security skills in a modern security engineering function. You’re passionate about contributing to a program that puts a heavy emphasis on customer and engineer experience. You enjoy partnering with different teams to find and implement pragmatic solutions.
Who We Are
The MongoDB Cloud Team is a diverse collection of individuals working together to provide services at global scale. The team is responsible for several services including
- MongoDB Atlas - our database as a service offering and fastest growing product
- Cloud Manager - our hosted monitoring, administration, and performance optimization tool
- Ops Manager - our on-prem management platform that makes it easy to deploy MongoDB on your own infrastructure
- MongoDB Realm - our serverless platform helping customers build apps that reliably sync between mobile devices and their backend
- Search - our managed full-text search engine for MongoDB clusters
The MongoDB Cloud Security Team helps the engineers design, implement, and operate systems in a manner that protects customer data. We are a multi-disciplinary team that spans across product, application, cloud, infrastructure, and operations.
- You will start building capability in one or more parts of our program such as detection/response, containers, cloud, or infrastructure
- Participate in ongoing operations work such as attack surface monitoring and security scanning. Help automate this away
- Assess the security impact of security alerts and anomalies in our systems
- Plan and execute security assessments of our products, services, and backing infrastructure
- Help implement architectures, solutions, and process that makes security the easiest path
- Build security capabilities for our cloud and container infrastructure
- Create new capabilities to detect and respond to malicious signals such as canaries
- Identify new ways we can leverage native cloud, network, or infrastructure features to improve security for our customers
- Some knowledge of information security principles, theories and concepts
- Demonstrate aptitude in one or more of the following disciplines through a combination of work, school, or self-study
- Detection and Response
- Cloud and Infrastructure security
- Able to communicate complex technical issues in a simple manner that builds trust with a variety of audiences
- Comfortable working in a distributed environment
- A strong sense of ownership and delivery
Nice to Haves
- Docker and Kubernetes operation and security
- Scripting experience and ability to contribute code back to our environments
- Working knowledge of one or more major cloud providers (AWS, GCP, or Azure)
- Experience in a SOC or performing incident response
- Experience with large scale environments
Success in this role means
- Taking ownership of one or more security programs such as cloud, infrastructure, or detect/response
- Seeing projects through from conception to completion in order to deliver new services or capabilities for the team
- Establishing yourself as a go-to person for discussing security topics
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.