The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
As a founding member of MongoDB’s Industry Solutions Team, you will craft engaging and relevant white papers, blogs, infographics, and other assets for IT Decision Makers (ITDMs) in at least two of MongoDB’s target industries (healthcare, finance, retail, telecommunications, manufacturing, or energy).
This is a cross-functional, high-visibility role with the opportunity to build MongoDB’s voice and value proposition in several key industries.
You will be a critical player in everything from the development of campaign materials to thought leadership content. The role requires you to quickly internalize the unique capabilities of MongoDB’s product offerings, combine them with input from industry subject matter experts, and marry the two to the problems faced by our target audience.
The ideal candidate will have extensive B2B technology writing and creative storytelling experience, with a demonstrated understanding of what great solutions-focused content looks like. A background in database software and technology, software development processes, cloud databases, and enterprise software is highly desired.
Who will be great at this role
- Independent thinkers, with an unerring instinct for what great, technology solutions-focused B2B content looks like. You will not be afraid to suggest different angles, new campaigns, or radical departures from what has been requested if it does not meet your own high standards…. or if you spot a better angle to the story
- Collaborators, able to interview and absorb the knowledge of MongoDB’s considerable brain trust of SMEs, sales teams, and field marketers
- Storytellers, with a knack for spotting the real story in a sea of technobabble and slide decks, turn raw information into compelling content for our target audience of ITDMs
- Drivers, able to balance multiple projects, changing priorities, and occasionally ambitious deadlines while still maintaining the highest standards in quality
- 3+ years experience as a copywriter in technology, database software, cloud engineered systems, and enterprise software, capable of producing content covering the full breadth of MongoDB’s product suite
- The ability to "sell" good ideas and concepts, and call out bad ones
- In-depth understanding of the marketing lifecycle and proven ability to create engaging copy across channels and mediums
- Portfolio featuring examples of compelling, and relevant technology solutions-focused assets
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.