The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
We’re looking for a hardworking, driven Partner Sales Leader with superb energy, passion and initiative to drive partner awareness and channel new business for the fastest growing database on the planet, MongoDB. The Partner Sales team focuses exclusively on formulating and executing a pipeline generation strategy through Partners within assigned territories, resulting in aggressive pipeline growth and new customer acquisition.
With a people-first culture, MongoDB is always changing and innovating — not only in our technology, but also in our sales go-to-market strategy. Our sales leadership is committed to building the best salesforce in technology. This means, inspiring and enabling success for everyone on the team. We not only equip you to be successful, but we want your feedback and input on how we can continue to “Think Big and Go Far.” As a crucial part of the Sales team at MongoDB, you will have access to a lucrative market and learn how to sell from some of the most successful sales leaders in the software industry.
What you’ll do...
- Proactively prospect, identify, qualify and develop a sales pipeline through our Cloud Partners, Global/Regional System Integrators and ISV partners
- Work with our Enterprise Sales team to close business to meet and exceed monthly, quarterly and annual bookings objectives
- Recruit and build strong and effective partner relationships, resulting in growth opportunities
- Own, on behalf of VP - Area Sales, all things partner related
- Manage Partners at an Area level but loop back to Global team
- Interlock with Global Pillar team for backup and support
- Participate in our sales enablement trainings, including our comprehensive Sales Bootcamp, sophisticated sales training, and leadership and development programs
We’re looking for someone with…
- 2+ years field experience of quota-carrying experience in a fast-paced and competitive market with a focus on new business
- 3-5+ years of quota-carrying experience generating pipeline and selling through Cloud Partners, Global/Regional System Integrators and ISV in a heavy sales matrix model
- Demonstrated ability to articulate the business value of complex enterprise technology
- A track record of overachievement and hitting sales targets.
- Skills in building business champions and running a complex sales process
- Previous Sales Methodology training (e.g. MEDDIC, SPIN, Challenger Sales)
- Familiarity with databases, devops and open source technology a plus
- Drive and a competitive nature: Possess a strong desire to be successful
- Skills in managing time and resources; sound approach to qualifying opportunities
- Aptitude to learn quickly and establish credibility. High EQ and self-aware
- Passion to grow your career in the largest market in software (database) and a desire to develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of MongoDB products
- BA/BS required
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.