The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The Analytics Engineer will play a critical role in further developing our rapidly growing Data Analytics function. Partnering with stakeholders within the analytics team and around the business, this role will surface key insights to drive business decision making and co-own our emerging analytics engineering practice. This role requires someone with strong analytical and technical skills, and who is comfortable working across multiple functional areas in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
- Surface insights to drive executive decision making across the business
- Improve and maintain high-visibility recurring executive reporting
- Design and implement data post-processing pipelines
- Partner with data engineering to expose governed datasets to the rest of the organization
- Make the team more efficient: Research and implement new tooling/processes team-wide; seek out and automate existing costly manual processes
- Serve as an analytical and technical thought partner to stakeholders on the analytics team and around the business
Skills & Attributes
- 3+ years of hands-on analytics experience
- Strong analytical and data wrangling skills
- Experience writing robust production data pipelines in Python
- Strong knowledge of programming fundamentals, with an emphasis on code simplicity and performance
- Proud generalist, excited by the opportunity to grow analytical and technical skills, and unafraid of ambiguity
- Committed to continuous improvement, with a passion for building processes/tools to make everyone more efficient
- Methodical with strong attention to detail
- Effective at communicating with non-technical audiences
- Committed to contributing to a collaborative, enjoyable, and psychologically safe work environment
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.