The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) And MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build outstanding apps that people use every day. We are the top tier modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB is seeking the newest member of the Office IT Team. You will join an existing team that provides technical support for all of our global offices and remote staff. This role covers support for the EMEA region and is based in Paris, France.
Our goal is to maximize the efficiency of our colleagues through the use of technology. This means we split our time between providing top-notch end user support, and developing smart solutions aimed at simplifying complicated day-to-day tasks.
Our team manages all elements of internal office tech infrastructure, including: email administration, employee onboarding, network administration, security access, asset management, and more. You will have the opportunity to design, implement, operate, and troubleshoot the systems, services, and tools we own, in both physical and cloud-based environments.
We believe strongly in personal growth and mentorship so your ability to succeed is directly related to your desire to grow.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 3+ years of experience in an end-user support role
- Ability to communicate with both English and French speaking customers - verbal and written
- A strong desire to grow technically
- Hands-on familiarity with macOS & Apple hardware administration
- Hands-on familiarity with Windows / PC environments as well as bootcamp for macOS
- A naturally strong diagnostic/troubleshooting process, with significant experience troubleshooting real, end-to-end technical issues
- The desire to “automate everything,” combined with the ability to rapidly learn the technical skills necessary to do so
- The ability to clearly communicate complex technical topics to a wide range of employees in both verbal and written form
- A naturally calm and empathetic demeanor under pressure, combined with the ability to concurrently solve multiple issues in real-time
- Primarily supporting (but not limited to) customers in our French, Israeli, UAE, Italian & Spanish offices
- Ability to travel to the EMEA/APAC regional offices as needed
- Experience with technologies we use preferred
- macOS Server, Linux, VoIP, Confluence, JIRA, Google Apps, JAMF, Meraki
- Linux administration, automation, AV administration, and project management experience are a plus!
- Help our colleagues maximize their abilities through the effective use of technology: investigate their issues and perform hands-on troubleshooting if necessary
- Provide exceptional support to executives based in the EMEA region.
- Be a strong technical voice within the organization by providing training for colleagues and developing self service resources where possible
- Participate in on-call support rotations; be available for off-hour maintenance and upgrades
- Provide support for network, telephone and audio/visual systems, both day-to-day as well as support for company meetings and events
- Configure, deploy, and maintain user devices and accounts, automating the process wherever possible
- Maintain detailed documentation of work completed, using the information gathered to develop self service knowledge bases and improved user guides
The IT Support Specialist will be successful in this role when they can execute the following strategic tasks/responsibilities:
- Maintain an accelerated personal growth path
- In 3 months you’ll be fully up to speed on the services and technologies we deploy and maintain, having the ability to independently handle day to day IT tasks
- Within 6 months you’ll be actively developing novel solutions to inefficient processes and problems
- By 12 months you’ll be thinking largely in terms of efficiency and have the skills necessary to execute on your ideas. This could mean anything from becoming a Networking Wizard to a Python Ninja; your growth path is largely defined by your interests and desires
- Customer Service: Provide an unparalleled customer experience by offering top-notch technical support, creating easy to follow self service resources, and workflow automations for our colleagues
- Communication: Successfully communicate team challenges and support solutions internally and externally, while having the ability to communicate complex technical issues simply and convincingly to a wide range of audiences
- Research: Collect and analyze feedback from both our internal customers as well as our systems to better understand our clients needs and inform automation/optimization efforts
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.