The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB is seeking an IT Hardware Logistics & Standards Lead to oversee and grow out a team that handles all IT hardware logistics from purchase to disposal.
Our IT team splits their time between providing top-notch end-user support and developing effective solutions aimed at simplifying complicated day-to-day tasks. We are seeking a results-driven leader to orchestrate an exceptional IT buying experience for our employees, as well as provide growth and learning opportunities for our current IT Buyer staff
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage and grow the IT Buyer team
- Pair with the Global Procurement team to source and engage reliable suppliers and vendors.
- Negotiate with suppliers and vendors to secure advantageous terms.
- Review existing contracts with suppliers and vendors to ensure on-going feasibility.
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Approve purchase orders and confirm delivery of goods and services.
- Work with the Procurement team to minimise risk on potential contracts and agreements.
- Control the IT hardware budget and promote a culture of long-term saving
- Oversee and manage the IT systems that track shipments, inventory, and the supply of goods.
- Prepare IT spend and budget reports.
- Work closely with the Support Team to ensure new hardware requests are handled in a timely manner
- Set hardware standards through testing, benchmarking, and thorough evaluation.
This is a new managerial position within the org to keep up with the rapid growth of MongoDB.
We believe strongly in personal growth and mentorship so your ability to succeed is directly related to your desire to grow.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years of experience in a IT purchasing team or end-user support role and 1+ years of experience in a people management role
- Experience coaching, mentoring, and/or managing a team of IT buyers or technology specialists
- The ability to translate long term vision into attainable, actionable goals that motivate employees to go above and beyond in both their productivity and personal growth
- Extensive working knowledge of inventory management, shipping/receiving, and logistics on a global scale
- Understanding of vendor pricing programs and promotions with experience onboarding, negotiating with, and maintaining vendor relationships
- Knowledge of and ability to navigate region specific customs and purchasing requirements
- A proven track record of exceeding client expectations in a IT/Purchasing leadership or end user support role
- The ability to clearly communicate complex technical topics to a wide range of employees in both verbal and written form
- A naturally calm and empathetic demeanor under pressure, combined with the ability to concurrently solve multiple issues in real-time through both delegation and superior personal time management
- A strong ability to troubleshoot and diagnose real end-to-end logistics and customer issues
- The desire to “automate everything”, combined with the ability to rapidly learn the skills necessary to do so
- Manage the operational details of the IT Hardware Logistics team, which include:
- Handling all aspects of IT asset lifecycle including provisioning and de-provisioning of employee hardware
- Monitoring and delegation of procurement tickets and queue items
- Coordinating internal messaging about policies and programs
- Team project management
- Provide mentorship as well as clear, attainable growth paths and opportunities to members of the IT Buyer team
- Evaluate and optimise organisational and operational practices at a global level
- Leverage ticketing data and internal surveys to assess the impact of changes
- Drive continuous logistics and financial optimisation
- Collaborate with leadership, as well as internal stakeholders to ensure well-integrated, easy to follow IT Buyer processes and a superior customer experience
- Handle IT vendor management including requirements gathering, research, evaluation and selection, renewal processing, etc.
- Communicate with all levels in the company, including senior management
- Conduct daily, weekly, and one-on-one meetings to ensure team/personal growth and maximise team productivity
- Keep abreast of new vendors, technologies, and services that potentially impact and/or augment IT
The IT Hardware Logistics & Standards Lead will be successful in this role when they can execute the following strategic tasks/responsibilities:
- Maintain an accelerated personal growth path:
- In 3 months you’ll be fully up to speed on our current hardware purchasing process and our vendor relationships. You will have the ability to independently lead day-to-day IT buying and understand the goals and aspirations of all members of the team.
- Within 6 months you’ll be actively developing novel solutions to inefficient processes and problems the team faces. You will be actively leading the team to greater productivity and personal growth by aligning employees’ individual interests with their day-to-day tasks and higher level technical projects.
- By 12 months you’ll be thinking largely in terms of higher level team growth and customer service excellence. You will have a full understanding of all the moving parts that make up IT Purchasing at MongoDB and a clear vision for how they can be augmented and optimised to meet both the current and long term needs of the organisation.
- Customer Service: Provide an unparalleled customer experience by driving the team to deliver top-notch purchasing support, create easy to follow self-service resources, and develop workflow automations for our colleagues
- Communication: Successfully communicate team challenges and support solutions internally and externally, while having the ability to communicate complex logistical issues simply and convincingly to a wide range of audiences
- Research: Collect and analyse feedback from both our internal customers and external sources to better understand our clients’ needs and improve automation/optimisation efforts
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.