The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB is looking for an experienced and results-oriented people leader to help grow our Customer Success program in Dublin. You will play a key role in the growth and success of MongoDB, our customers and CS team members. Your team will be working directly with our customers, and you’ll help develop an outstanding program in one of its most exciting phases.
You will recruit and provide the coaching, mentoring and development that will enable both our high-touch and tech-touch Customer Success teams to positively impact customers, develop skills, and grow their careers over time. In addition to recruiting, retaining, and developing talent, you will also be responsible for crafting and executing initiatives to increase our customer retention and happiness, identify expansion opportunities, and promote customer adoption of MongoDB.
We’re looking for someone with
- Passion for and experience in hiring, developing and managing a team of individual contributors. Your team and their success are your top priority
- A proven track record and experience with fast-growing teams, using data to drive initiatives and guide your decision making processes
- A mind for technology. We’ll teach you all about MongoDB and databases, but our users and products are inherently technical. You should be too
- Experience or aptitude for learning enterprise infrastructure technologies; exposure to MongoDB or NoSQL databases is a plus, but not required
- High organisation in your workflows. To lead and execute efficiently, you’ll need to be a specialist in prioritisation and time management
- You know how to deal with ambiguity and be able to navigate through it with perseverance, a positive mentality and a point of view. We’re still growing and learning and will look to you to help us establish and evolve processes in your region
- A strong desire to embrace partnership and collaboration. You’ll be working with multiple teams on a regular basis (Sales, Marketing, Support, Product, etc.) and helping to build the Customer Success “brand” across our entire organisation and within EMEA
- You have experience in working and collaborating with internal and external partners with diverse cultural and professional backgrounds across the EMEA region
- An adaptive mentality. You love an ever-changing environment where you are constantly improving yourself, the team and your processes
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present to a diverse audience both internally and externally
- A Bachelor's degree combined with 3+ years of management experience, preferably in a customer success or account management capacity
Role Overview & Key Responsibilities
- People leadership: Recruit, mentor and develop individuals on the CSM team
- Execution: Define and lead to a set of analytical metrics to guide the direction of the team; deliver against quarterly and long-term targets
- Build programs: Craft and execute initiatives sought to grow customer retention, expansion, satisfaction, and product adoption
- Executive presence and communication: Build and maintain relationships across MongoDB teams, organisations and offices
The Manager, Customer Success will be successful in this role when they can execute the following strategic tasks/responsibilities:
- In the first 3 months you’ll have ramped on our key CS processes and program, effectively completed our weeklong training bootcamp and started interviewing for new team members
- In 6 months, have hired your team to at least 90% capacity (as per hiring plan outlined to you). You’re actively mentoring and guiding the team through quarterly and monthly team goals and initiatives
- In 12 months you’ll have accomplished and are 100% on track for your team’s hiring plan, coach your individual contributors on the team efficiently, and are on achieving and exceeding your regional team goals for retention, expansion and customer satisfaction
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.