The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB is seeking a Senior Manager of Business Operations to help drive strategic and operational initiatives across MongoDB. In this role you will sit at the intersection of operations, analytics, finance, product management, and go-to-market, working closely with internal stakeholders to identify and solve complex strategic and operational business problems.
This position requires a driven self-starter who is able to communicate clearly and effectively with leadership and successfully juggle multiple priorities. You take tasks from start to finish, are able to deliver value quickly, and enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced, and challenging environment.
- Lead and coordinate cross-functional strategic initiatives to identify and execute against opportunities to improve our business
- Partner with our go-to-market teams to develop and implement coherent strategies and business plans
- Apply strategy and operations experience to uncover operational issues and drive process improvements at MongoDB
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis in support of cross-functional stakeholders and executive management across all business functions
- Embed yourself with other teams in the company to understand the relevant questions and needs of the business, and use that to inform analysis
- Effectively communicate analytical findings to non-technical audiences
- BA/BS; MBA is a plus
- 8+ years of experience in business strategy and operations with 3-4 years as a management consultant or in a comparable role at a technology company; SaaS experience is a plus
- Proven track record of using data to drive business decisions including the ability to structure problems for analysis
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to synthesize strategic insights in an actionable and compelling manner
- Advanced Excel and Google Slides or PowerPoint skills
- Confidence using SQL for fetching and manipulating data; experience with a scripting language such as Python or R is a plus
- Ability to move quickly and iterate on analyses
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to work in a self-guided manner
- Within 1 month, get up to speed on the analytical tools we use, b) the products we offer our customers and c) our market and competitors
- Within 2 months, begin identifying and leading initiatives to scale the business and/or deliver process improvements
- Within 3 months, scope and kick-off your first major initiative, with input from Business Operations and cross-functional teams
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.