The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB is seeking an exceptional Workplace Coordinator to join our Workplace Team and help manage all things related to our Sydney office. This role will also support the Senior Workplace Manager (Sydney) in remotely managing a handful of smaller ‘flex’ offices in our APAC region. In a nutshell, we’re on the hunt for someone who enjoys being the go-to person of an office, is an eternal problem solver, and genuinely puts employee experience first.
This is a unique position, one which can be demanding at times, and it takes a certain set of skills plus an amazing individual to really thrive. You won’t be alone though! In addition to the Senior Workplace Manager (Sydney), you will be supported by a global team of incredible Workplace legends who will become your biggest cheerleaders; we build together and ensure each person has the opportunity to grow both professionally and personally while setting the business up for success in the years to come.
It’s an exciting time to join MongoDB!
Skills and Attributes
So what does it take to be our next “Workplace Rockstar’’?
- Unequalled Flexibility
You have to roll with the punches and be able to handle everything and anything that comes your way. There is no such thing as a “typical day” in our department and so you need to be able to prioritise and improvise on a whim. You also need a high degree of independent judgement.
- Otherworldly Organisation & Follow-Up
As the role of Workplace Coordinator is so varied, it can be easy to lose track of the tasks at hand. We rely heavily on JIRA, our internal ticketing system, to help manage tasks, but keeping on top of the numerous moving pieces, and caring enough to follow-up, is what will set you apart.
- Absolute Accessibility
You need to be approachable, personable, and an empathetic person who people feel comfortable going to for all of their needs, no matter how small. Your colleagues will be your ‘internal customers’ and so experience in a customer service role would be a definite plus!
- Rock Solid Communication
You need to be able to communicate effectively, both in text and verbally, and be confident doing so. At times you may be required to announce new activities or explain policies and must communicate in a way that is sensitive to the needs of our varied teams, while clearly explaining the reasoning behind X, Y, and Z.
- Unwavering Optimism, Employee Experience First
You will become the first point of contact for many people - whether that is a colleague, a potential new hire, a client, vendors, or a visiting MongoDB employee, and your demeanor helps form the oh-so critical first impression. We want someone who has a naturally positive attitude and embraces being the ‘center of morale’. You will become a “caretaker of culture” by living our values, while creating a topnotch office experience that enables our employees to do the best work of their careers.
- Creativity & Confidence
We are incredibly proud of our office culture here in Sydney and maintaining its intimate, personalised nature amidst growth will be one of your biggest challenges. It will require you to get creative in your thinking and the way you operate. We want someone who isn’t afraid to try things we may not have tried before. As such, you also need to exude confidence. Or at least fake it until you make it! You need to be comfortable working in a fashion that earns respect, and part of that is being able to push back from time to time.
We said no two days are the same, but here are some items you would be responsible for:
Workplace Management Responsibilities:
- Learn. Herd Cats. Be smart. Be proactive. Get stuff done.
- Ensure the office is a Great Place to Work, operated and maintained in a safe, professional, clean and cost-effective manner
- Communication of Workplace guidelines and expectations
- Proactively inspect the workplace conditions daily to ensure standards are maintained
- Answer mainline phone, receive and sort mail, packages and deliveries, and ensure internal customer satisfaction
- Monitor office and kitchen supplies inventory and place orders as required
- Arrange catering, lunches, and oversee restocking of supplies for pantries and conference rooms
- Respond to, track, and action employee requests via our internal ticketing system
- Work collaboratively with the local IT team on various ad hoc projects and events
- Proactively engage with local leadership to ensure their team’s needs are being met
- Partner with HR with on-boarding new employees and building office culture
- In partnership with the Senior Workplace Manager, assist with planning and executing office-wide events and meetings, in addition to Workplace-sponsored initiatives (for example, Pride celebrations, Earth Day, etc.)
- Assist Senior Workplace Manager with vendor management for cleaning services, food service operations, and the repair and maintenance of equipment, to name a few
- Support Senior Workplace Manager with analysing special reports, summarising information and identifying trends
- Help maintain a purchasing database for adherence to Operating budgets.
- For specifically assigned facility projects - support office improvements and buildout projects. This includes liaising with contractors, architects, engineers and specialty consultants, and monitoring these vendor relationships and performance
- Undertake other duties as required from time to time in line with the nature of the role
- "Office barometer," excellent emotional intelligence to interpret issues in the workplace on behalf of local teams and leadership
- No ego. You are up for anything thrown at you and you tend to stay calm in stressful situations
- 1+ years of Administration/Office Coordination experience
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices as well as administrative and financial controls
- Proficient user of technology as well as MS office applications
- Ability to lift up to 30 kilos
What does success in this role look like?
- Positive feedback from your local office business leaders and stakeholders
- Optimum office utilisation - are the teams getting the most out of our office spaces?
- A thriving, vibrant, upbeat office culture!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.