The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB is seeking a Financial Analyst to join the Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team. This position requires an accomplished and analytical financial professional with a demonstrated track record of success in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
You are a successful business partner. You communicate clearly and are able to successfully juggle multiple priorities. You are a driven self-starter who is able to work with senior leadership comfortably, takes tasks from start to finish and someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced, challenging environment. You are responsive and adapt quickly to change, embrace challenges and champion the advancement of analyses, financial planning tools, systems, and controls
As part of the FP&A team, your responsibilities will include
- Budget vs. Actual Opex analysis throughout the organization with appropriate commentary and understanding of notable variances
- Work closely with departments across the organization to understand changes in spend behavior in order to produce the most accurate Opex forecasts
- Assist in maintaining and enhancing our Adaptive Insights planning tool, with duties including updating headcount forecasts, developing new reports, training stakeholders, and reviewing our implementation to enhance forecasting accuracy and automation capabilities.
- Develop a deep understanding of the financial impact and ROI of investments made by the organization
- Identify cost efficiencies and assist our Procurement team with financial analytics to support vendor negotiations and spend forecasts.
- Analyze and validate variable expenses such as commissions, travel & expense, etc.
- Partner with the accounting team to ensure accuracy in departmental cost allocations that drive our quarterly external financial statements
- Assist in the annual budgeting process
- Assist in preparing quarterly board presentations
- Work on ad-hoc analysis and requests on a need basis
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and quantitative skills
- Knowledge of corporate finance, financial statements, and basic accounting principles
- Ability to drive strategic direction through insightful analysis
- Ability to collaborate with different teams throughout the organization
- Flexibility (open to change) and ability to learn on the fly
- Drive for results & high sense of urgency
- Attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in Adaptive Insights or any other FP&A software tool is a big plus
- Experience with financial modeling and proficiency in Excel
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up your sleeves and work with team members, driving projects through to completion
- You are passionate about technology and problem solving
What does success look like?
The financial analyst, FP&A will be successful in this role when they can start executing the following strategic tasks/responsibilities after their first quarter with the company:
- Develop a strong understanding of the key spend categories within the different departments across the organization and their budget vs actuals variances
- Learn to navigate around our ERP and FP&A systems (Netsuite, Adaptive and Concur)
- Identify initial areas for improvement within our opex forecasting and Adaptive Insights automation capabilities
- Provide proactive analytical support and establish strong working relationships with stakeholders
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.