The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The Enterprise Modernization Team channels our Customers’ genius along their journey. We succeed only when our customers succeed, in their immediate objective as well as modernizing the way they work with data.
MongoDB Principals are the most senior team members communicating the trends and direction of MongoDB’s platform to customers and industry partner communities. The Enterprise Modernization team consists of seasoned software thought leaders and entrepreneurs as well as young professionals. Responsibilities range from early research into future solutions, collaboration with external partners over generating the necessary templates to the successful delivery with our client community. You'll work closely with a broad variety of functions inside the whole company, ranging from product, partners, marketing and sales. You play a key role in winning deals and driving the business forward. You'll be a trusted advisor to a wide range of clients from startups to the world's largest enterprise IT organizations. Your core focus is the understanding of the fast moving space of financial standards, cloud compliance, regulators and boards around the world. You are the voice of MongoDB in these organizations and are impacting the inclusion of JSON and the DOCUMENT MODEL in the various efforts.
This role will be based remotely in Toronto or other areas of Canada.
What you do at MongoDB
- Represent MongoDB in international organizations, in workgroups, committees, standardization bodies
- Present MongoDB’s position at various events - either in person or digital
- Are tightly aligned with our product management organization to reflect the existing capabilities, upcoming needs and competitive requirements arising out of the standardization efforts
- Partner with our sales team to help ensure success in accounts ranging from small startups to large enterprises, structure relationships and build templates to engage with various client communities
- Translate technical concepts and patterns into business benefits for senior management and executives as well as enterprise architects and product owners
- Advise the technical teams of MongoDB and clients in designing systems, applications, and infrastructure to help drive some of the world's largest projects leveraging MongoDB in their respective industries
- Demonstrate resilience and sound judgment in dealing with business challenges and are able to guide more junior colleagues to a successful resolution pattern
- Proactively seek opportunities to support and mentor pre-sales team members and share best practices
As a candidate, you have
- Experience / comfortable to engage in regular conversation in the C-Suite with appropriate communication profiles
- 15+ years of software development and architecture experience
- Experience with definition of standards, working in forums, councils, steering committees
- Ability to communicate complex information like cloud regulatory requirements in understandable terms to clients and internally
- Proven experience with scalable and highly available distributed systems
- Intellectual understanding and the capability to discuss a broad range of data technologies ( non linear list: RDBMS, document, key-value, unstructured, noSQL, ISM, XQuery/XML,...)
- Deep skills and working industry experience in the financial services and insurance industries in more than one area, e.g. IT operations, PTS, Risk & Treasury, Retail, Wealth management, commercial banking, Credit card operations and other areas
- The ability to travel up to 30% in normal circumstances and when clients are expressing preference to meet in person again - at this point home office is the default for 100% until November 2021 and any in person interaction is absolutely voluntary
As an ideal candidate, you may also have
- Experience working with various database products, ETL tools and financial software solutions
- Experience with database programming and data models
- A MongoDB Certification
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.