The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
We are looking for a leader and technical expert in the Financial Services industry to join the Industry Solutions team. We’re a fast-growing, globally-dispersed team working in an exciting space with nearly limitless opportunities of growth! Our team’s principals are the most senior members and work directly with the C-Suite of our clients and partners.
The Industry Solutions team is the MongoDB expert community delivering thought leadership and practical directions in industry-specific data challenges. This involves generating content (i.e. webinars, white papers, blogs, events, presentations, etc.) on industry-specific solutions, in this case FSI. This also involves direct account support on major enterprise clients, to help business leaders see the vision of how MongoDB is a solution for their industry’s needs, wants, and pain points. These responsibilities require a happy medium of technical knowledge as well as people, presentation, and thought leadership skills. MongoDB Principals are the senior team members communicating the trends and direction of MongoDB’s platform to customers, partners and participate in industry forums and standardization efforts, e.g. BIAN for banking. The team is very hands-on and our responsibilities range from early research into future solutions, collaboration with external partners and generating materials for sales teams to ensure success when interacting with clients. Superb communication skills including presentation skills are a paramount prerequisite.
You'll work closely with a broad variety of functions inside the whole company, ranging from product, partners, marketing and sales. You will play a key role in winning deals and driving the business forward and will be a trusted advisor to a wide range of clients from startups to the world's largest enterprise IT organizations. Your core focus is the understanding of the fast moving space of financial standards, cloud compliance, regulators and boards around the world.
The location for this role is quite flexible but should be based in Canada with preference of Toronto or Montreal.
As an ideal candidate, you will have
- 10+ years in the financial services industry in multiple areas (ie. IT operations, PTS, Risk & Treasury, Retail, Wealth management, commercial banking, Credit card operations and/or other areas)
- 10+ years of software development and architecture experience
- Excellent presentation and communication skills with the ability to visualize and communicate complex information to all levels of an organization - both internally and externally
- Experience with definition of standards, working in forums, councils, steering committees is a great plus
- Experience with scalable and highly available distributed systems
- Ability to discuss a broad range of data technologies ( non linear list: RDBMS, document, key-value, unstructured, noSQL, ISM, XQuery/XML,...)
- The ability to travel up to 30% for clients, events, and the occasional team meetup :)
You may also have
- Experience working with various database products, ETL tools and financial software solutions
- Experience with database programming and data models
- A MongoDB Certification
- Additional language skills in other languages (Conversational is appropriate)
What you do at MongoDB
- You translate technical concepts and patterns into business benefits for senior management and executives as well as enterprise architects and product owners. This includes the creation of training materials, slide decks, whitepapers, blogs,...
- You advise the technical teams of MongoDB and clients in designing systems, applications, and infrastructure to help drive some of the world's largest projects leveraging MongoDB in their respective industries
- You partner with our sales team to help ensure success in accounts ranging from small startups to large enterprises, structure relationships and build templates to engage with various client communities
- You present MongoDB’s position at various events - either in person or digital
- You represent MongoDB in international organizations, in workgroups, committees, standardization bodies
- You are tightly aligned with our product management organization and communicate field requirements, changes you see in industry requirements to the product management leadership
- You demonstrate resilience and sound judgment in dealing with business challenges and are able to guide more junior colleagues to a successful resolution pattern
- You proactively seek opportunities to support and mentor pre-sales team members and share best practices
- You have situational awareness and react appropriately in group settings
- Enjoy the ride because we’re growing fast!
What you will learn
- The rapidly expanding MongoDB product suite, including
- Core database server
- Atlas (fully managed cloud database service)
- Atlas Data Lake
- Atlas Full-Text Search
- Realm Mobile Databases and Solutions
- MongoDB Charts
- Other Tools and connectors - Ops/Cloud Manager, Compass, Connector for BI, Connector for Spark
- Market-relevant, complementary technologies e.g. Apache Kafka, Kubernetes
- Modern and popular architecture design patterns, methodologies and concerns e.g. microservices, event-driven architectures, DevOps, cloud, security
- Sales techniques and related soft skills - presentations, demonstrations, whiteboarding, discovery, objection handling
- Exposure to a wide variety of market verticals and a broad spectrum of interesting use cases.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.