The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $106B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
Due to our ongoing expansion, we are looking for a driven, hardworking and hands-on individual to help our customers realize and maximize the value of their MongoDB products and services.
Individuals in this role have a keen interest in technology and the ambition to dive head-first into new challenges. They are adaptive and keen to help innovate with new processes and a customer-centric approach. We’re looking for someone who thrives by having regular interactions with customers and is proactive in their outreach.
The Customer Success team at MongoDB is responsible for building customer relationships and becoming a trusted advisor and “go-to” person for guidance and advice. We are key contributors to our customers' success with MongoDB and bring value to every interaction, from onboarding and product adoption to growth. We are a globally distributed team spread across our offices in New York City, Austin, Dublin, and Sydney.
Our ideal candidate will have
- At least 1+ years of experience working in a Customer Success, Account Management, Customer/Technical Support, or a similar customer-centric role
- Experience working with technologically complex accounts and/or SMB/Enterprise market customers in a fast-paced SaaS environment
- A mind for technology - we’ll teach you about MongoDB and databases, but our customers and product are inherently technical and you should have an aptitude and curiosity to learn about those concepts
- High levels of organization and attention to detail - you understand what it means to run a customer portfolio and to prioritize and handle your time efficiently as you maintain accurate records and provide timely reporting
- A passion for teamwork and collaboration - you’ll be working with multiple teams on a regular basis and will help to build the Customer Success “brand” across our entire organization
- A flexible approach and be adaptive to an often-changing environment, where you are constantly improving yourself, your team and (y)our processes
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present to a diverse audience, both internally and externally
- Prior exposure to database, cloud and infrastructure technology is a plus
- You have a results-oriented spirit and are not afraid to tackle new challenges
- You take ownership as you lead a large customer portfolio across many industries and use cases
- Your main focus will be retention using engagement playbooks and indicators; we will look to you to evolve those over time and as we gain additional insights particularly about customers who started adoption of MongoDB more than two years ago
- You coordinate customer and project (re-)onboarding meetings, validating and identifying customer needs, potential challenges, and key success criteria
- You enjoy and promote the implementation of MongoDB features across your assigned customer portfolio using playbooks, product signals, and other relevant data points to look for opportunities to expand the MongoDB footprint with your customers
- You are able to effectively identify and mitigate the risk of churn and are passionate about ensuring customer happiness
- You help develop and implement standard methodologies and processes to continuously improve MongoDB’s Customer Success Program
Individuals will be successful in this position when they become a
- Risk Mitigator - Identifying blockers to product adoption, preventing revenue and account churn
- Trusted Advisor - Recommending solutions in order to help the customer achieve their business outcomes
- Portfolio Master - Understanding and relaying trends in your portfolio, providing recommendations to our business for maximized results
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.