Our team currently consists of seven engineers with a majority located in New York City. We operate close to the bottom of the stack, and have a lot of influence over the safety and robustness of our open source database and a growing ecosystem of cloud services and client applications. Recently, we've improved our database operation auditing system to be more expressive and less disruptive, we built Client Side Field Level Encryption support with integrations in AWS, GCP, and Azure, and we created an officially supported SELinux profile.
Are you excited by the prospect of baking security into the lowest levels of a large scale distributed database system? We are! Join us today, and we can make databases safer and more secure for everyone. This role can be based out of our NYC office or remotely from anywhere in North America.
- Manage a small team of individual contributors, responsible for ensuring their success, aiding their career growth, and facilitating their technical work
- Foster a positive and effective team culture
- Balance your time between coding, designing, mentorship, and leading your team
- Use agile practices to deliver features on a predictable schedule
- Maintain expertise on state of the art software security technologies and security best practices
- Aid Product Management in navigating difficult tradeoffs in prioritization
- Collaborate with other server engineers, client drivers, cloud services, support, consulting, training, and marketing teams to coordinate changes
- Identify, design, implement, test, and support new features related to cryptography, security engineering, and compliance assurance, in a large feature-rich C++ codebase
- Assist fellow engineers in, and be an advocate for, writing secure well-reasoned industrial-strength software
In three months
- You've met with all of your team members and are starting to learn their interests, strengths, and areas for development
- You’ll have contributed to a project slated for the next major version of the MongoDB server, as well as fixed a few bugs in a minor version of our latest stable release series
In six months
- We'll be relying on you for code reviews and reviewing the designs for new features
- You have worked with each team member to develop a growth plan tailored to their career goals
In twelve months
- You’re leading the development of a new major feature
- You have a clear understanding of the longer term roadmap and have integrated a plan to accomplish it with your team at MongoDB
- You have established your role as a leader in the organization such that team members naturally go to you for guidance
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.