The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $106B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB is looking for a highly motivated individual to lead a global deal desk function. This position will play a key role in enabling large, strategic opportunities and provide critical support to the global sales organization that will drive efficiencies, profitability and stronger controls. This is a tremendous opportunity for someone who enjoys the challenge of building a first class team in a high growth environment and is relentless in their pursuit of excellence.
- Lead and build a global team that acts as a key enabler of deal formation and execution with a focus on minimizing sales cycle times while optimizing revenue, profitability, and/or market share based on business priorities
- Assist with non-standard deal requests, structuring complex deals, driving cross-functional and cross solution collaboration and ensure revenue recognition requirements are managed
- Drive best practices to increase sales efficiency and effectiveness via deal reviews, early checkpoint and enforcement of standard business practices and policies
- Establish metrics and processes to improve business visibility and consistency of practices across geographies
- Business degree with accounting qualification or MBA
- 10+ years software industry experience, (Deal Desk, Finance, Sales operations experience preferred)
- Excellent business acumen and proven ability in commercial negotiations
- Some experience in software revenue recognition principles and have worked closely with finance/revenue teams
- Proven ability to manage teams across geographies
- Experience in contract management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills along with ability to demonstrate practical judgment in complex situations
- Great teamwork skills and collaboration skills
- Good knowledge of MS Excel & Salesforce
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.