The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $106B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The Program Management team is responsible for devising, implementing, and improving the processes (and associated tools) that help MongoDB succeed in everything we do. Our mission is to provide excellence in the management of initiatives and projects that are aligned with our business goals.
As a Program Manager, you’ll work closely with the Program Management team to help oversee the roll out of critical projects and initiatives under the Business Systems program, from idea to implementation. Program Managers are responsible for process improvements, project management, change management, and business analysis.
- Act as the glue between Engineering, Product, and Stakeholders, and ensure the team uses Agile best practices to deliver on their commitments
- Maintain deep knowledge of Salesforce and related systems to help Project Manage as needed
- Maintain tactical responsibilities for tracking project requirements, assist with portfolio performance monitoring for Business Systems’ obligations
- Work with with project managers and project teams to establish appropriate implementation strategy, methods and plans for strategic initiatives that impact multiple or organization-wide systems and workflows
- Identify risks to our releases, mitigating them where possible and communicating them when not
- Support the delivery of program optimization and continuous improvement initiatives
- Work with Program Managers to develop and analyze program reporting metrics; ability to recognize patterns in a sea of information so we can take action accordingly
- Constantly expand your knowledge into new domains, and leverage your experience to drive success
- Participate in the oversight of outsource activities and strategic service providers
The right candidate for this role will be
- Experienced with 2+ years working with a software or technical team, with experience delivering projects on schedule
- Experienced with at least 2 years working with Salesforce, NetSuite or other enterprise SaaS solutions
- Entrepreneurial-spirit with the ability and eagerness to jump into new situations and navigate them with integrity and success.
- Comfortable “being the face” of Business Systems, communicating with a diverse set of engineers and their stakeholders
- Able to learn quickly, adapt to a dynamic, collaborative work environment
- Hyper-organized with a strong attention to detail, and capable of juggling all of the data associated with projects and task-tracking to meet tight deadlines
- Knowledgeable of and experienced with implementing Agile/Scrum best practices
- Inspired to identify and innovate in areas where automation can replace manual work
- Able to appreciate the engineering concepts being discussed, allowing them to facilitate discussion and flesh out the details required to ensure successful delivery
- Trained in working with project tracking software (JIRA)
- Demonstrated prioritization capabilities, with the ability to break down work into manageable parts while effectively assessing the priority and time required for completion
- Comfortable working with a global team across multiple time zones
- In 3 months you’ll have fully ramped on PM and Business Systems processes
- In 6 months you’ll have taken complete ownership of executing those processes
- In 12 months you’ll have completed process improvements across Technical Operations
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.