The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $106B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The Technical Program Management team is responsible for devising, implementing, and improving the processes (and associated tools) that help MongoDB engineers make the best database software in the world.
The Cloud Services group within MongoDB is the author of the Atlas, Atlas Search, Ops Manager, Cloud Manager and MongoDB Realm products. This person will be responsible for the oversight of day-to-day operations, as well as strategic initiatives and projects within the Technical Program Management department and beyond. The role will focus on the exemplary execution of day-to-day operations / events, release management and supporting cross team engineering processes. This position is based out of our New York office with the possibility of working remotely (or from another MongoDB office) for the right candidate.
The right candidate for this role will be
- Experienced with 5+ years working in an Engineering organization, whether in a development, support or administrative role
- Able to maintain a strategic view of our software engineering processes across the full variety of teams
- Skilled at communicating across a diverse set of stakeholders including Technical Program Managers, Engineers and Product Managers
- Hyper-organized and capable of juggling all of the data created by work across Cloud Engineering
- Knowledgeable of and experienced with Agile/Scrum best practices
- Inspired to identify and innovate in areas where automation can replace manual work
- A role model for effective execution practices, driven by an attuned sense of priority and urgency
- Trained in working with project tracking software (e.g. JIRA, Rally, MS Project)
- Experienced in successfully delivering complex cross-functional projects
- Experienced in gathering process pain points from team members and stakeholders and devising improvements to address them
- Interested in learning everything about MongoDB
- Interested in business automation work such as scripting in python, Google Apps Script and Slack
- Maintain and improve the processes that span multiple teams and/or products
- Facilitate ongoing communication between 15+ Technical Program Managers spanning 30+ teams
- Act as a steward for the tools that power our engineering operations (including our wiki, project management software, retrospective tool, etc)
- Recognize patterns in a sea of information and take action accordingly
- In 3 months you’ll have fully ramped on the teams and common processes of Cloud Engineering
- In 6 months you’ll have successfully assisted several TPMs across several cross-cutting projects and begun your interplanetary campaign for galactic representative
- In 12 months you’ll have identified and begun working on areas for improvement in cross-cutting documentation, projects and processes
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.