The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The MongoDB Cloud Team is seeking a full-stack engineer to contribute to our core product, Atlas. MongoDB Atlas is our database as a service offering that allows customers to deploy fault-tolerant, secure, globally distributed MongoDB clusters in just minutes.
As an engineer on the Atlas team you will develop software that manages the Atlas cluster infrastructure on the three major cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP) all the way up to the UI where customers build and configure their Atlas clusters. You will constantly be challenged to design features like auto-healing, auto-scaling, and advanced security on a set of database clusters at a humongous scale.
This role reports to a Cloud Engineering Lead and will be working out of the San Francisco office.
Who you are
- You value continuous learning
- You are curious, collaborative, and intellectually honest
- You enjoy tackling difficult problems in a distributed environment
What you’ll do
- You’ll partner closely with product, design, and engineers on your team to collectively build features that our customers love
- You’ll remain up to date on the latest advancements in Cloud computing features to bring them to Atlas
- 4+ years of experience building modern, scalable web applications
- Deep experience writing backend systems in a compiled language (Java, C#, Go, etc.)
- Experience building single page front-end applications in a modern framework (React, Angular, etc.)
A Software Engineer will be successful in this role when they
- Can take ownership for the planning, and execution of a major feature through the scoping, and spec’ing process
- Are resolute in their approach to problem-solving, and balancing the needs of their team with the willingness to get to the bottom of issues
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.