The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $106B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
With the acquisition of Realm last year, MongoDB added mobile development support to its data platform. Your job is to bring alive that platform for developers by demonstrating Realm's ability to drastically increase developer efficiency.
This role will work with a team of developer advocates who are all focussed on making the Realm platform successful. With the Realm engineering team primarily based in Copenhagen Denmark, we are primarily looking for candidates who are based in Europe but will consider strong candidates from US based on the East Coast.
There are four components to the job of developer advocate in MongoDB
- Learning: learn the MongoDB Realm platform and the Realm SDK’s and how they are used by our developers, what they use it for, what tools they use
- Production: Take what you have learned and build demo apps, videos, twitch streams, Github repos, decks and podcasts
- Distribution: Get the content that we have produced in front of the developer community via our developer hub, developer websites, conferences and meetups
- Analysis: How did we perform, did we reach our goals, how can we do better?
- Primary degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Excellent Mobile development experience in iOS or Android environments and ideally with previously released applications on the Appstore
- Strong databases skills (SQL or NoSQL)
- Deep understanding of the terminology, concepts and standard methodologies for coding mobile apps. Experience with APIs and other mobile frameworks
- Proven experience of product and software development
- Excellent technical writing skills, as well as the ability to present both in person and on-camera
- Knowledge of at least two major mobile programming languages - e.g. Swift, SwiftUI, Objective-C, Java, Kotlin, React Native
You will be asked to deliver a technical presentation as part of the interview process.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.