Senior Community Program Manager (EMEA), Developer Community Team
The database market is massive (IDC estimates it to be $121B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The MongoDB Developer Community team’s mission is to nurture the next generation of innovators through peer-learning and collaboration between MongoDB and the developer community.
We are looking for a Senior Community Program Manager based in Europe who will help drive regional strategies and execution as part of our global team..
This role can be based out of one of our European offices or remotely in the European region. We encourage and support remote employees and the majority of the Developer Community team works remotely.
- Good at fostering and building relationships both in person and online at scale
- A great communicator
- Able to operate independently
- Passionate about developer communities
- An enthusiastic learner
The right candidate for this role will have
- Experience with managing and scaling developer community programs
- Significantly grown a developer community through strategic initiatives
- Partnered effectively with marketing teams to drive growth
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Empathy for developers, regardless of skill level
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management experience
- Build out and execute on the community vision together with internal and external stakeholders
- Represent MongoDB in the developer community and help to build a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive community environment for members from a variety of backgrounds
- Develop and execute on timelines, deliverables, and reporting for your goals to drive success against team goals
- Build and execute on strategic plans for growing the community in target regions around the world
- Attend and speak about the MongoDB community at online and in-person MongoDB events around the world, once this is allowed again
- Contribute to improvements in internal processes and procedures as our team grows and matures
- Take a data driven approach to problem solving
Within 3 months
- You will be familiar with our developer community programs and most active community members in EMEA
- You will have conducted some 1:1 interviews with community members to gather feedback about their experience and build relationships
- You will be regularly reporting on community growth
- You will start contributing to the general developer community strategy
- You will start implementing new strategies to grow our community and get the community members engaged
Within 6 months
- You will be a well known representative of the Community team to internal and external stakeholders
- You will be leading a developer community program initiative
- You will be owning some developer community growth goals
- You will be advising internal stakeholders on how to interact with our community
- You will work with other teams and stakeholders to improve our developer community experience
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.