The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $89B+ by 2024!) And MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build outstanding apps that people use every day. We are the top tier modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
Atlas Search is a new cloud service that allows users to execute complex search queries using the MongoDB Query Language. Our users are free to focus on relevance and data retrieval instead of the machinery needed to search data at scale.
Our team is building a cloud-based distributed systems software responsible for the entire lifecycle of search including: data ingestion, partitioning, performance, availability, query language and aggregation. Our product is being adopted quickly and there are many interesting projects you can help with.
This role is based in the SF Bay Area.
Ideally you will be:
- Proficient in modern programming languages and techniques
- Eager to impact and envision the technological future of a complex system
- Experienced in developing distributed systems, cloud services and SaaS products
- Experienced in designing and maintaining search platforms or distributed databases is preferred but not required
- Experienced in debugging and profiling multithreaded JVM applications is preferred but not required
You would get to:
- Build and design our integrated search platform, written in Java
- Contribute to two leading open source platforms, MongoDB and Lucene
- Participate in product and design discussions
- Perform code reviews with peers and make recommendations on how to improve our code and software development processes
- Collaborate with other teams including cloud services, database, enterprise tools, drivers and support to coordinate changes or contribute to their projects
- In 3 months, you'll contribute to the improvement of our core "mongoT" repository
- In 6 months, you'll be working on features such as query features or platform improvements
- In 12 months, you'll be building POCs, designing new features, and collaborating with other Cloud and Server teams on complex projects
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.