The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $106B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
Business Value Consulting is a critical, client-facing role where the consultant will work closely with the MongoDB Sales team, playing a key role in driving the business forward. BVC's engage with clients to capture and communicate the potential business value that our solutions can provide. You will work across all industries, evaluating the business benefits and financial value to companies primarily in our Enterprise market.
*This role will be based remotely supporting the Central Region.
- Support the sales organization, to impact both tactical and strategic opportunity success of our field sales force
- Develop Business Value Consulting collateral for internal and external use: when new MongoDB products are released, and when a gap or need of the practice is identified
- Serve as a mentor to sellers who may be unfamiliar with this role, and further improve the value selling capabilities of the rest
- Engage onsite with customers using a value assessment approach to build a compelling narrative that covers the current state, the desired future state, the value in closing the gap, and a delivery plan to ensure their success
- Use business, technical, and financial analyses to understand the baseline and future state capabilities of the customer
- Create and present the business case and the forecasted business impact the customer can achieve using MongoDB solutions
- Translate technical concepts and recommendations into business benefits for management and executives
- Travel is required but varies throughout the year
- B.A. / B.S. from an accredited college; preference for Business Management, Economics, Finance or related degree
- Proven experience as a business value or management consultant in a technology setting
- Enterprise business and financial modeling experience, familiarity with key financial metrics: ROI, TCO, NPV, IRR
- Polished presentation and interpersonal skills
- Inquisitive personality to facilitate interview sessions with client roles, both business and technical stakeholders
- Experience addressing executive and senior level stakeholders
- Strong technical understanding of enterprise infrastructure, technology stack, software development methodologies (SDLC, Agile, DevOps), RDBMS and/or NoSQL software
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.