The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $106B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The Senior Data Analyst II, Marketing & Growth will play a meaningful role in further developing our rapidly growing Data Analytics function. Partnering with stakeholders within the analytics team, the marketing and marketing operations teams, as well as with other teams around the business, this role will surface key insights to drive business decision making. This role requires someone with strong analytical and technical skills, and who is comfortable working across multiple functional areas in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
We are remote optional through April 4, 2022 afterwards this role will be in-office in our New York City office long-term.
- Surface insights to drive executive decision making across the business
- Partner with Marketing teams to support design, execution and analysis of experiments across a variety of channels (paid ads, email and website)
- Leverage deep understanding of statistics to conduct analyses that help partner teams make quicker, more informed decisions to help the business be more agile
- Write and maintain complex queries to conduct deep-dive analyses on the impact marketing initiatives have on acquisition, product activation and user retention
- Work closely with Data Architecture and Data Engineering teams to help create and optimize custom views and tables to enable reporting for marketing and growth teams
- Make the team more efficient: Research and implement new tooling/processes; seek out and automate existing costly manual processes
- Serve as an analytical and technical thought partner to stakeholders across the analytics, marketing, and growth teams
Skills & Attributes
- 6+ years of hands-on analytics experience, with ideally 4+ years supporting marketing and / or growth teams
- Advanced SQL skills and proficiency with either Python or R
- Deep understanding of applied statistics and demonstrated success of partnering with marketing teams to conduct a wide range of experiments.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and set priorities with a variety of key stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Effective at communicating technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Committed to contributing to a collaborative, enjoyable, and psychologically safe work environment
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.