The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $106B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB is a modern database platform that helps developers build faster, more reliable applications. We power some of the world’s most innovative products and services out of our offices worldwide, from New York to Sydney, Berlin to Dublin, and just about everywhere in between.
MongoDB Education has a mission to empower MongoDB developers through interactive learning, documentation, and community. The Curriculum team -- part of the MongoDB University experience -- writes, produces, and maintains the courses that power ongoing learning and education for our users. And Creative Operations provides the infrastructure for happy, productive, well-oiled teams.
We’re searching for a Creative Operations / Program Manager to be Curriculum mission control. This is a unique role that will enable curriculum content creators to produce meaningful, value-driven work in a more cohesive way. You’ll manage day-to-day curriculum projects, develop frameworks around delivery, and help establish practices that support simple, repeatable processes.
What You’ll Do
- Partner closely with curriculum engineers and learning specialists, serving as the nucleus for curriculum projects
- Support end-to-end content production (course creation, video, design, etc)
- Drive planning, roadmapping, and communications
- Create and roll out scalable processes that empower the team and streamline their work
- Operationalize best practices for measuring success, alongside the product lead
- Elevate the team’s presence within the organization
- Build trust and partnerships between curriculum teams, design, product, and engineering
- Coach the curriculum team to help them deliver, while enabling them to shine
- Develop process improvements for Creative Operations as a whole
What You’ll Bring
- Experience as a Program Manager for creative / media production teams or other related strategic project/program role (tech industry and especially education is ideal)
- Ability to speak with confidence about educational or learning media production activities and workflows
- Knowledge of learning practices, course creation, or professional learning and development (and familiarity with LMS) is highly desired
- Jira proficiency (Jira wizardry is a huge plus)
- Excellent communication and storytelling skills; knowing when and how to share with the right audiences
- Experience managing organizational change, understanding how to bring people along the journey
- A coaching mindset; we’re not looking for project managers as much as human-centered team enablers
- Diplomatic negotiation style
- Natural leadership and problem-solving skills
- Keen sense of when to follow a process and when process is getting in the way
- Proactive approach, pride of work, and passion for iterative workflow development
- Expertise in creative, flexible, effective ways to work with global teams
What You Can Expect
- In about 3 months you’ll have ramped up on MongoDB curriculum work and refined some quick-win processes for the team.
- In about 6 months you’ll have rolled out new processes, templates and frameworks, especially around planning and delivery.
- In about 12 months you’ll have automated key processes, enhanced workflows, and made significant progress toward interdepartment and cross-functional processes that ultimately improve our users’ experience.
What Makes Us Great
- We value doing what’s best for each other, for the team, and for the user community
- We encourage open, honest, authentic communication
- We believe that good ideas come from everywhere
- We have a strong feedback culture, asking and providing in the spirit of making everyone better
We’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
[US Only] MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.