The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $106B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity. To help fuel this growth, we are expanding our Corporate Development team and are looking for a Corporate Development Manager / Sr. Manager.
The Corporate Development Sr. Manager will own and drive sourcing of potential acquisition targets and assist in the valuation and execution of inorganic growth opportunities globally. The Corporate Development Sr. Manager will work closely with senior members of Product and Engineering to help drive our global M&A strategy, including building investment theses, industry analysis, deal sourcing, and refinement of our evaluation criteria.
This position requires a driven self-starter who is able to work comfortably with stakeholders across the organization, takes tasks from start to finish and someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
- Lead our inbound sourcing efforts of potential acquisition targets globally
- Work with senior members in Product and Engineering in aligning strategic initiatives with sourcing efforts
- Comprehensively screen technical and financial information to identify public and private targets to build and maintain list of targets
- Coordinate and assist in outreach activities to potential targets with senior executives
- Evaluate potential acquisitions for strategic and product fit and assist in the creation business cases
- Assist in buy vs. build analysis, valuation and execution of M&A transactions
- Evaluate industry trends including private company funding rounds and industry M&A activity
- At least 4 years’ experience in Engineering/Product in the Software Industry as well as Corporate Development
- MBA preferred but not required
- Market understanding of enterprise software and specific areas of knowledge or technical experience in databases/API/Big Data/SaaS experience is a plus
- Ability to forge strong relationships with business partners at all levels of the organization
- Flexibility (open to change) and ability to learn on the fly
- Drive for results & high sense of urgency
- Ability to multi-task & prioritize
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.