The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $106B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity. To help fuel this growth, we are expanding our Corporate Development team and are looking for a Manager / Sr. Manager, New Business Development.
The Manager / Sr. Manager, New Business Development will be an integral part of the Corporate Development team, and will help drive the Company’s approach to new markets, which may include partnerships, equity investments, or potential acquisitions. In this role, you will work cross functionally with senior members of Product, Engineering and GTM functions to build an understanding of the competitive landscape, our product, the markets we operate and our internal organization structure and leverage that knowledge to shape our approach to new markets. You will conduct in-depth build, buy, partner analysis across a spectrum of software categories to support and influence product strategy, and work to accelerate that vision through M&A or other strategic initiatives.
This position requires a driven self-starter who is able to work comfortably with stakeholders across the organization, takes tasks from start to finish and someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced, challenging environment. You must have a passion for analyzing new companies and market categories and creating a POV on growth opportunities, product synergies and key players in each market.
We are remote optional through April 4, 2022 afterwards this role will be in-office in our New York City office long-term.
- Research market trends and companies, including company funding, product offerings GTM strategy and other strategic initiatives to manage and own potential build, buy and partner pipeline
- Lead our inbound sourcing efforts of potential acquisition targets globally, including identifying companies for potential M&A, investment and partnership opportunities
- Work with senior members in Product and Engineering in aligning strategic initiatives with sourcing and research efforts
- Continually monitor private equity and M&A activity to identity trends and opportunities
- Comprehensively screen technical and financial information to identify public and private companies to build and maintain list of targets
- Coordinate and assist in outreach activities to potential targets with senior executives
- Evaluate relevant companies for strategic and product fit and assist in the creation business cases
- Assist in buy vs. build analysis, valuation and execution of M&A transactions
- 4 to 6 years’ experience in Engineering/Product in the software industry
- MBA preferred but not required
- Market understanding of enterprise software and specific areas of knowledge or technical experience in databases/API/Big Data/SaaS/Analytics experience is a plus
- Ability to forge strong relationships with business partners at all levels of the organization
- Flexibility (open to change) and ability to learn on the fly
- Drive for results & high sense of urgency
- Ability to multi-task & prioritize
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.