The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $106B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The Senior Director of Analytics will play a key role in MongoDB’s growth, leading the build-out of our Data Analytics function. He or she will partner directly with senior leadership across the business to surface key insights and devise strategies that drive growth and improve our operations. This position requires a capable leader and driven self-starter who is able to work with senior leadership comfortably, takes tasks from start to finish, and who enjoys working in a dynamic, fast-paced, and challenging environment.
- Lead MongoDB’s core analytics team covering all internal company functional areas
- Recruit and develop exceptionally talented analytics professionals that will serve as thought-partners to partners across the business
- Act as a strategic thought partner to cross functional partners and senior executive team, helping to prioritize and execute data and analytics efforts and investments
- Champion the use of data to drive decision making across the company and at all levels of the organization
- Cultivate effective and balanced self-service analytics, empowering our data-savvy culture to easily and consistently answer questions with data
- Collaborate with the data engineering team to ensure appropriate investments in data, tooling, and architecture for our analytics stack
- Effectively communicate analytical findings to non-technical audiences; mentor and guide your team on strategic communication
- Provide technical mentorship to your team, including keeping up to date on the latest techniques and methodologies
- Be a “player/coach” when needed, digging in to deliver critical insights that drive the business forward
Skills & Experience
- 15+ years of relevant professional data science & analytics experience with a varied background covering a combination of marketing, growth, product and/or web analytics
- 5+ years of managing a team of analysts/data scientists
- Ability to understand business priorities and prioritize scarce resources appropriately
- Strong influencing skills and an ability to navigate through complex decision making processes with multiple partners
- Excellent communication skills - oral, written, and visual; ability to take the results of analyses and communicate meaningful recommendations concisely
- Proficient in SQL; Python or R a plus
- Familiarity and comfort working in a big data environment with unstructured or semi-structured data
- Eager to roll up your sleeves and dig into any problem in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Experience in the SaaS industry highly desired but not required
- In 3 months you will have a deep understanding of your team, the value proposition to the company, and a roadmap for the next 12 months
- In 6 months you will have built-out key initial processes and cemented strong working relationships with your key partners across the business
- In 12 months, having added key hires and implemented key operational processes for scale, you will have cemented the foundation to significantly grow the analytics team over the next several years
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing an encouraging and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.