The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $106B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB is looking for an outstanding Senior Product Manager in the Insights and Telemetry (InTel, for short!) team at MongoDB. The InTel team is responsible for building the brains of MongoDB. The products are used by our customers to understand and optimize the performance of applications they build on top of the MongoDB platform. As such, the Sr. PM will get to work with one of the largest sets of product usage data of our customers and figure out how it can be used to automate routine performance optimization tasks for them.
This is a rare opportunity to join a team at the center of MongoDB, helping build one of the first fully automatic data platforms, which developers can use to quickly and easily build and scale their applications.
- Build and maintain a suite of application performance management products (ex: metrics, analytical tools, automated recommendation engines) that help customers monitor and optimize their apps on MongoDB
- In this highly visible position, drive collaboration across engineering, design, marketing, sales, and executive leadership
- Lead the team to the right product decisions with internal partners, customers, prospects
- Advocate for our customers with a flair for performance, usability, and security
- Provide an unparalleled customer experience by driving new features, marketing programs, customer surveys, partnerships, pricing, and technical documentation
- Bring a passion for careful data analysis to advise on decisions
- Ability to work with the various field teams to appropriately map out customer use cases and requirements
- 5+ years of product management or equivalent experience with a sophisticated technical product
- Experience and proven success in delivering software products to market
- Have the ability to communicate difficult technical issues simply and convincingly to a wide range of audiences
- Ability to write, defend, and execute business cases
- Tried experience in at least one of the following: Application Performance Management, Telemetry, Observability, Recommendation Engines, Machine Learning
- Experience working with developer and DevOps personas
- B.Sc. in a technical field preferred or equivalent work experience. M.Sc. or Ph.D. in the relevant domain a plus
Nice to have
- Development background/experience
- Familiarity with open source and cloud technologies
- Demonstrated success as a product manager on a fast-paced, growing team
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Self-starter who enjoys challenges across a broad range of subject areas
- Last, but not least, desire to take an active role in innovation
- Data Science
- Have built platform products
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.