The database market is massive (IDC estimates it to be $106B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of this disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years.
About the role
As the Director, Acquisition Marketing, you will lead the team to continue to drive the dramatic growth of our Product-Led business and our integrated marketing and brand campaigns. You’ll be responsible for collaborating with our demand generation, brand, and growth marketing teams to acquire developers and IT decision makers and to drive engagement and conversion.
In particular, you will
- Drive continuous innovation and out-of-the-box thinking in how we drive and measure acquisition. MongoDB is growing at nearly 60% per year. This requires us to continually innovate our acquisition strategy and experiment with new channels and approaches to unlock scalable and efficient growth
- Drive an integrated prospect experience across inbound/outbound tactics, including paid media, SEO, SEM, nurtures, social and syndication
- Own media buying agency relationship and strategy
- Lead a team of Acquisition Marketers, determine hiring needs, and hire A-players to achieve the acquisition goals
- Partner with our Product team, Engineers, Designers, Data Analysts, and Experimentation leads to drive landing page optimization, ad creative and cross-channel and attribution models
- Partner with content and technical teams to drive SEO strategy
- Partner with demand generation, growth, and brand teams to drive programs
- Report out on overall key drivers and metrics to senior leaders
- 8+ years of relevant experience, including acquisition marketing for a B2B or prosumer subscription business
- 3+ years experience in building, mentoring and coaching a team of digital/growth specialists as well as establishing cross functional, collaborative relationships with customers, marketing, product and sales leadership
- Experience scaling acquisition in high growth environments, preferably in a product-led business where there was continual innovation
- Excellent analytical skills – ability to formulate logical, data-driven business insights, build a sophisticated analytical and measurement framework, and test new ideas to acquire net-new customers
- Ability to make decisions in a fast-paced, changing environment and anticipate future needs while living the MongoDB values
- Demonstrate ability to grasp enterprise technology and serve as an excellent and persuasive communicator – both written and orally – is a must
- Positive attitude and flexibility to adapt quickly as things change
- Previous experience with marketing to developers is a plus
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.