MongoDB is looking for an outstanding Product Manager to take on a key role in our product management organization to drive innovation in the MongoDB Core Database area focused on critical features enabling scalability, high availability, and durability for MongoDB databases all aimed at making developers' lives easier.
This is a rare opportunity to join a team at the center of sales, marketing, and engineering for a breakthrough company that is disrupting a $60B market. The team leads product direction, packaging, and pricing for the fastest growing database technology. The database market is massive and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption (the IDC estimates it to be $89B+ by 2024!) . The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build outstanding apps that people use every day. We are the top tier modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
Core Database team builds the foundation of MongoDB’s industry leading technology and differentiating feature set, enabling our various product offerings including Atlas, Enterprise Advanced as well as the MongoDB Data Platform. This team is responsible for critical core database features including: Sharding, Replication, Multi-Document Transactions.
- Drive product vision, strategy and roadmap for a MongoDB Core Database based on customer needs, market data, and competitive intelligence
- In this highly visible position, drive collaboration across engineering, marketing, sales, and executive leadership
- Advocate for our customers with passion about usability, performance, scalability, and security
- Provide an unparalleled customer experience by driving new features, marketing programs, customer surveys, partnerships, pricing and technical documentation
- Ability to work with the various field teams to appropriately map out customer use cases and requirements
- Bring a passion for careful data analysis to inform decisions
- 3+ years experience in product management in enterprise software technology industry; Related or equivalent experience in sales engineering, solution architecture and software engineering can be considered.
- Experience and demonstrated success in delivering software products to market
- Have the ability to communicate complex technical issues simply and convincingly to a wide range of audiences
- Experience working with customer personas of developer and DevOps
- Domain knowledge in at least one of the following: databases; distributed systems; analytics, log management products, application architecture
- Ability to write, defend, and execute on business cases
- B.Sc. in technical discipline, Computer Science preferred or equivalent work experience. An advanced graduate degree in relevant domain a plus
Nice to have
- Software development background/experience
- Demonstrated success as a product manager on a fast-paced, growing team
- Self-starter who enjoys challenges across a broad range of disciplines
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Familiarity with open source software, and cloud technologies
- Last, but not least, desire to take an active role in innovation
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.