Senior Community Manager, Developer Community Team
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $89B+ by 2024!) And MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build outstanding apps that people use every day. We are the top tier modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The MongoDB Developer Community Team aims to build an amazing community where all MongoDB users can thrive.
You will be a part of a global team currently based in Sydney, Germany, Belgium, New York, Iowa, Oregon, Texas, and California. We encourage and support remote employees and the majority of the developer community team works remotely.
We are looking for a senior community manager to grow our community exponentially through close interaction with different internal stakeholders, the different community programs, and our global community.
- good at fostering and building relationships both in person and online at scale
- a great communicator with emotional intelligence for developers and understand their needs
- a conduit between the company and the community and can discover ways to serve both
- great at seeing the big picture and understanding how the smaller things fit together to achieve this big picture
The right candidate for this role will have
- Has partnered effectively with marketing teams to drive growth
- Have successfully grown a developer community
- Good interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Experience with managing and scaling community programs
- Empathy for developers, regardless of skill level
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
These are nice to haves
- Project management experience
- Familiarity with nurturing and growing communities both online and offline
- Previous remote working experience
- Build out and execute on the community vision together with internal and external stakeholders
- Represent MongoDB in the developer community and help to build a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive community environment for members from a variety of backgrounds
- Develop and execute on timelines, deliverables, and reporting for your goals to drive success against team goals
- Build and execute on strategic plans for growing the community in target regions around the world
- Attend and speak about the MongoDB community at online and in-person MongoDB events around the world, once this is allowed again
- Contribute to improvements in internal processes and procedures as our team grows and matures
- Take a data driven approach to problem solving
Within 3 months
- You're familiar with our developer community programs and our community members
- You’re regularly reporting on community growth
- You will start owning the developer community growth goal
- You will start contributing to the general developer community strategy
- You will start implementing new strategies to grow our community and get the community members engaged
- You will help out the community team leadership with day-to-day tasks
Within 6 months
- You will be fully owning the developer community growth program
- You will be advising internal stakeholders on how to interact on our forums
- You will work with other teams on improving the forum experience
- You will be a lieutenant to the community team lead and help them build the community vision
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
*MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer*