What on Earth is MongoDB?
The database market is huge (the IDC estimates it to be $89B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is redefining industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
Sales Development @ MongoDB
We not only view our product as our competitive advantage, but also our sales organisation. We invest over $40K in every salesperson in their first year, more than 6x industry standard – via training, tools, and enablement, and we are excited to work with only the best talent, accepting less than 1% of applicants for sales roles.
At MongoDB the Sales Development organization is responsible for driving new business opportunity and expanding market share through qualified pipeline, as well as driving the business forward by developing the next generation of top closers. As the Sales Development Manager you will be responsible for delivering both revenue and talent for our business. You will focus on the Recruitment, Enablement and Execution of your team to assure the continued successful trajectory of this strategically important department.
MongoDB's tremendous growth and scale will expose you to career-changing experiences, people and skills. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to impact the disruption of a $40b industry and technology as a whole.
You’ll have the opportunity to
- Build winning teams through Attracting, Hiring and Developing the world’s best SDRs
- Enable your team to relentlessly prospect, identify and qualify sales pipeline through your coaching and mentoring on topics including: courageous qualification, prospecting techniques, phone skills, and strategic engagement with Account Executives
- Collaborate with Marketing, Field and Inside Sales to ensure we capitalize on the massive market opportunity ahead of us
- Provide actionable feedback and solutions to improve systems, processes and tools
- Optimize and industrialize how sales handles what marketing generates as well as how your team generates pipeline into cold accounts, putting instrumentation in place for constant assessment, diagnosis and required actions
- Help your team navigate some of our largest Enterprise customers in EMEA
- Join the leadership team early giving you the opportunity to build the SDR Program from the ground up, have high visibility to the CRO and CEO and have a major impact on the entire company
- Attend global leadership training events and strengthen your leadership muscle
- A true passion for sales & technology - we want leaders who love what they do and inspire their team
- Strong experience in SaaS sales and closing new business
- Demonstrated history of consistent goal achievement in a highly competitive environment (top 10% performer)
- Previous experience leading a team essential
- Written and spoken fluency in French and English
- Energetic, upbeat, entrepreneurial, tenacious team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with database, web server, and open source technology a plus
Life at MongoDB
The health and wellbeing of our team is our first priority. During these times we have extended the option for all of our employees to work from home until the end of the year. We are looking forward to return to the office when it is safe to do so and are constantly evolving how we bring our strong office culture to a remote working environment.
Dublin's office culture
- 100+ people, with teams in Sales, Engineering, HR, Finance, IT, Legal
- Regular group outings and opportunities to get to know your colleagues
- Employee affinity groups, Fun Teams, etc.
- Comprehensive Health & dental insurance with VHI
- Pension & Life Insurance
- Free lunch twice per week
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy and sweet treats
- Gym membership and weekly Wellness classes
Interviewing is not an easy thing and can be alien to some people. We want you to succeed.
When we interview, we’re trying determine a couple of things:
- Would you be successful if you were part of our team?
- Will you love working here and be a positive influence on our team?
- Will you grow during your time here?
We seek to provide feedback throughout our interview process, usually directly in the interview. We love working with people who are always trying to better themselves.
When you’re preparing to interview, you’ll often be sharing stories about your current and past roles. An excellent way to frame this is with the CARR model: Context, Action, Results, Reflection. This allows you to succinctly share the experiences you’ve gained. We’re looking for people with a passion for technology. Make sure you invest some time in learning about MongoDB, the industry we operate in, what we offer and how we set ourselves apart.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.