The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $89B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB is looking for an Accounting Operations Senior Analyst to interface directly with cross-functional finance/operations teams to identify their needs and work on implementing new or updating existing business systems and processes. As an internally focused "Product Manager" and part of the Accounting Operations team, this role works closely with business system admins/developers to optimize systems and processes that drive the company. The Accounting Operations team focuses on the digital transformation of the finance department. Many of the projects focus on automating Accounting related tasks. This role should be comfortable with ambiguity and can "connect the dots" using their experience and expertise to build process solutions. This role will have high visibility into multiple parts of the organization, including but not limited to Accounting, Finance, Deal Desk, Legal, Professional Services, and Business Systems and work on operational initiatives that will have a direct impact on the company's strategic goals.
The right candidate will have
- 4+ years of experience on a corporate accounting team
- A proven track record of bringing about process improvements to enterprise-wide business processes
- Demonstrated experience in requirement gathering, documentation, cross-functional work, and project management
- Ability to manage varied and at times conflicting stakeholder needs and requirements for new initiatives
- Ability to recognize patterns across internal requirements and leverage them to provide solutions with maximal impact
- Experience with developing best-in-class business processes to optimize use of enterprise SaaS solutions including but not limited to Netsuite, Salesforce, FinancialForce, and Xactly
- Intrinsic drive to seek constant improvement for our IT solutions and business processes.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Knowledge of internal controls and compliance requirements
- Experience working in a complex enterprise SaaS sales company (Plus)
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or business administration
- Documenting business requirements into user and functional requirements and driving momentum with project and internal stakeholders to ensure timely project execution
- Formulating and defining the objectives and scope of business systems as well as evaluating and contrasting platforms as solutions for new business requirements whilst taking specific strengths and limitations into consideration
- Ability to create positive relationships and influence internal and external customers
- Serving as the single point of contact on behalf of Accounting Operations for large cross-functional projects, as well as an individual contributor for specific high-value low effort tasks
- Creating documentation on product descriptions, policies, procedures, workflows and user guides
- Supporting research, analysis, and development of new concepts and emerging technologies
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer