Mongodb is revolutionizing the enterprise software market, by disrupting database solutioning and redefining what it means to compute at scale. Our mission is simple; we aim to free the genius within everyone, by making data stunningly easy to work with. To fuel our continued rapid growth, we always look for talented individuals who can help enhance how we deliver value to our customers.
Our Sales Effectiveness (SEFF) team is part of our broader Sales Analytics team - we obsess about helping Sales go faster and grow faster! This new function acts as business partners to our Senior Sales Leaders. You have an opportunity to embed yourself as the “COO” of the business unit you support, and your responsibilities will range across a variety of strategic initiatives including analyzing inefficient business rules, piloting new sales roles, optimizing for obstacles in the sales process, and analyzing sales data to come up with meaningful business insights.
We are looking for a manager to gradually help us build out this new function over time. You will be responsible for learning the ins and outs of each major MongoDB Sales Business, play a critical role in building relationships with the senior leadership team, and drive forward initiatives that will help us accelerate sales revenue. The ideal candidate understands what makes a Sales team thrive, has a strong interest in data analysis to tell stories, and thrives in shaping narratives that are conducive to helping our Sales team grow!
- Help drive the analytical rhythm of our business including quarterly business reviews, org deep dives
- Partner with Senior Sales leadership to drive market + segment specific analyses to uncover insight
- Become an expert in business rules and compensation rules to fully understand how Sales operates
- Conceptualize and pilot new programs to test the effectiveness of various sales roles / comp plans
- Participate in quarterly and annual business planning for the Sales teams
- Partner with our Corporate Finance team to run productivity and headcount scenario analyses
What You Bring to the Table
- Bachelor’s Degree with a quantitative focus (Economics, Finance, Computer Science, Mathematics, etc.)
- 6+ years of work experience in either Sales Strategy / Consulting / Sales Operations / Analytics
- Strong SQL knowledge with an ability to write SQL queries to extract data needed for analysis
- You are a spreadsheet wizard with the ability to manipulate and analyze data
- You have some experience managing a team or supervising at least one direct report
- Effective communicator who can break down convoluted technical concepts into simple business vernacular
- Experience with at least one major business intelligence tool (Tableau,Google Data Studio,Looker)
- You are familiar with databases, and the differences between “relational” vs. “non relational”
- You can navigate your way around Salesforce / Salesforce reports with relative ease
What’s In It For You
- Feel Valued: A competitive compensation package
- Feel Engaged: Transparent and friendly culture, a ton of benefits, and company events
- Feel Impact: We pride ourselves on having a diverse and hard working sales organization
- Feel Comfortable: Optimize your workstation with your choice in laptop, and ergonomic gear!
Feel Challenged: Rub shoulders with some of the brightest people in the industry who welcome debate!
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.