The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $89B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
At MongoDB, our Account Development team works closely with our partners in both Sales and Marketing to build fanatical customer enthusiasm around MongoDB. AD reps are responsible for identifying and qualifying new opportunities for our sales organisation. We view our Account Development program as the best way to turbocharge a long and successful career in sales and view our Account Development Representatives (ADRs) as the next wave of Account Executives at MongoDB.
To aid in this endeavour, we invest heavily in the training and development of our team. This includes a 2-week long global sales bootcamp, weekly group findings, weekly 1-1 mentorship, and global group trainings. By joining our team, you are making an investment in yourself that will accelerate the rest of your sales career.
Our ADRs gain an understanding of our product, community, who we sell to, why they care, and what makes us relevant. They learn how to generate a pipeline quickly and effectively as well as how to achieve a good discovery and qualification. The team is a crucial resource for sales teams across MongoDB to get great talent from. This helps us scale our teams, as well as ensure that we have a culture of meritocracy.
Being an ADR, is often a first step to jump-starting a career in sales. At MongoDB, we have a culture that celebrates diversity, fosters growth and enablement, and ensures that we provide our ADRs with the tools and the confidence that they need to grow their careers.
The ADR leadership team has a true understanding of where each ADR is at in their personal development process, and mentors and enables them to ensure that they have the means and opportunity to be considered for their next role. At MongoDB, we truly believe that if you want to earn your MBA in sales, this is the place to be. As a leadership team, we spend an exorbitant amount of time working in the trenches with our teams to help them fine hone their business and sales acumen and ramp them as quickly as we can to productivity, success, and greater roles.
To learn more about MongoDB's ADR Upskill Program, read this article by Sean Andrew, SVP, Worldwide Corporate Sales.
First 90 days
By the end of month 1, you will:
- Have met your new team and had fun playing with some new tools
- Become a part of the wider Dublin family
- Have a good understanding of what makes MongoDB’s product offerings so special
- Understand how our Account Development, Marketing and Account Executive teams all work together
By the end of month 2, you will
- Have had a successful sales bootcamp training
- Be comfortable talking to clients on the phone about MongoDB
- Have worked with our Account Executive team on your first opportunity
- Have shadowed a ton of calls and practised several role plays
- Started delivering your ramp quota
By the end of month 3, you will
- Know our sales funnel inside and out, and feel confident to add value to our sales org
- Show clear delivery of our sales methodologies
- Provide insights to both our Account Development and marketing organisations to help us to continue to iterate and improve
- Delivered against your ramp quota
Role Overview & Key Responsibilities
- Identify high-potential businesses that would be a good fit to work with MongoDB across your region
- Work with the Sales team to develop and lead inbound and outbound campaigns from idea-generation through to qualified call
- Develop strong sales and product knowledge
- Interact with IT and business decision makers via telephone and email
- Update lead and prospect activity in Salesforce to ensure effective lead management
- Set qualified introductory meetings for the Sales team
- Nurture early phase opportunities for future pipeline potential
- Exceed monthly and quarterly opportunity quota
- Build strong relationships with our marketing team and Account Executives, where we pull together to maximise the win for our business
- Invest in your self-development, focusing on the skills and attributes that will make you successful in your core role and get you set for future success
We’re looking for someone with
- 1-2+ years of strong sales or customer-facing experience
- Fluency in Hebrew and English
- A self-starter with a track record of hitting and exceeding goals
- Outstanding communication skills including both phone and written communication as well as active listening
- Extraordinary character with an incredible drive for success, high work ethic, curious by nature, and obsessed with smashing sales goals
- Validated time leadership skills and ability to work either independently or through coaching
- Desire to work in a driven and fast-paced environment
- Passionate about cutting-edge technology with the aptitude to learn new and exciting IT software products, as well as, understand business critical solutions quickly
Life at MongoDB
The health and wellbeing of our team is our first priority. During these times we have extended the option for all of our employees to work from home until the end of the year. We are excited to return to the office when it is safe to do so and are constantly evolving how we bring our strong office culture to a remote working environment.
Dublin's office culture
- 100+ people, with teams in Sales, Engineering, HR, Finance, IT, Legal
- Regular group outings and opportunities to get to know your colleagues
- Employee affinity groups, Fun Teams, etc.
- Comprehensive Health & dental insurance with VHI
- Pension & Life Insurance
- Free lunch twice per week
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy and sweet treats
- Gym membership and weekly Wellness classes
Interviewing is not an easy thing and can be alien to some people. We want you to succeed. When we interview, we’re trying determine a couple of things:
- Would you be successful if you were part of our team?
- Will you love working here and be a positive influence on our team?
- Will you grow during your time here?
We seek to provide feedback throughout our interview process, usually directly in the interview. We love working with people who are always trying to better themselves.
When you’re preparing to interview, you’ll often be sharing stories about your current and past roles. An excellent way to frame this is with the CARR model: Context, Action, Results, Reflection. This allows you to succinctly share the experiences you’ve gained.
We’re looking for people with a passion for technology. Make sure you invest some time in learning about MongoDB, the industry we operate in, what we offer and how we set ourselves apart.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
*MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer*