The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $106B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
Who You Are
You have a strong software engineering background and are looking to apply that to security. You’re passionate about designing and implementing robust software solutions and enjoy mentoring other engineers along the way. You enjoy partnering with different teams to find and implement pragmatic solutions.
Who We Are
The MongoDB Atlas Team is a diverse collection of individuals working together to provide services at global scale. The team is responsible for several services including
- MongoDB Atlas - our database as a service offering and fastest growing product
- Cloud Manager - our hosted monitoring, administration, and performance optimization tool
- Ops Manager - our on-prem management platform that makes it easy to deploy MongoDB on your own infrastructure
- MongoDB Realm - our serverless platform helping customers build apps that reliably sync between mobile devices and their backend
The MongoDB Atlas Security Team helps the engineers design, implement, and operate systems in a manner that protects customer data. We are a multi-disciplinary team that spans across product, application, cloud, infrastructure, and operations.
- Lead software engineering for the Atlas Security team
- Drive the creation and implementation of “secure by default” frameworks across the Atlas cloud platform. Example projects include secrets management, parsing libraries, or input validation
- Introduce new security capabilities to augment detection/response. Example projects include canaries, augmenting application instrumentation, or user behavior analyzers
- Design and advocate for secure software architecture patterns that prevent or quickly identify security bugs
- Guide the development roadmap of security tooling with the Atlas security team
- Empower engineers to write secure software through code review and feedback
- Educate the engineering org on security through CTFs, lunch-and-learns, and one-on-one conversations
- Assist with security operations such as responding to security events
- Professional experience working on software development teams building full-stack web applications
- Experience in secure coding or working closely with security teams
- Communicate complex technical issues in a simple manner that builds trust with a variety of audiences
- A strong sense of ownership and delivery
- Curious, collaborative and intellectually honest
Nice to Haves
- Knowledge of software design patterns and language features - especially as applied to mitigating security issues
- Docker and Kubernetes operation
- Working knowledge of one or more major cloud providers (AWS, GCP, or Azure)
- Experience with large scale environments
Success in this role means
- Taking ownership of the software engineering for the Atlas security team
- Establishing yourself as a go-to person for discussing software security across MongoDB
- Seeing projects through from conception to completion in order to deliver new services or capabilities for the team
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.