The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $89B+ by 2024!) And MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build outstanding apps that people use every day. We are the top tier modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity..
One of the ways we ensure customer success is with outstanding delivery of professional services. Our best in class training gives customers the foundations they need to build and deploy with MongoDB, while consulting engagements provide hands-on support for customers’ most critical systems.
About The Role
We’re looking for a motivated product marketing manager to drive the go-to-market strategy for MongoDB’s Professional Services. As a PMM, you'll drive the strategy, messaging, and positioning for professional services. You’ll partner closely leaders across Professional Services and interact with almost every team across the company to execute on your plans, evaluate the results, and share your successes.
- Define GTM strategy for new consulting and training engagement models in close collaboration with Professional Services leadership
- Own and lead the execution of the launch of new training courses, consulting offerings, purchasing channels, and more by working with multiple teams (including Product, Design, Marketing, Sales, Education, and more)
- Build compelling messaging and positioning that showcases Professional Services' value to our target audiences
- Conduct customer research to understand the issues, needs, and workflows of our buyers and users
- Plan and execute professional services marketing efforts, track their results, and adjust course as needed
- Enable sales teams to successfully sell professional services: clearly define value to both customers and sales, deliver internal training and enablement, ensure sales teams understand our offerings well enough to engage with customers, and build customer-facing materials for sales to use
- Devise and experiment with new tactics to increase professional services sales
You’ll be an excellent fit if you
- Have 2-4 years of meaningful work experience (product marketing, marketing, sales enablement), with bonus points for experience in marketing professional services at a technology company
- Are organized and efficient – you tackle sophisticated projects and own them from start to finish
- Have the ability to take a complex landscape and distill it into a clear and easily consumable picture
- Are able to clearly articulate the value of a product/service to customers, but also to sales teams in a way that enables them to communicate it to customers
- Have led product or feature launches autonomously and contributed to larger launches with a team
- Have strong product/service instincts and technical curiosity that translate to clear packaging, positioning, and messaging
- Have outstanding writing and interpersonal skills
- Thrive in cross-functional environments and can collaborate with a wide range of partners and teams
- Approach all projects with a customer-first mentality
Don’t miss this opportunity to contribute to a maturing Product Marketing organization and learn from a diverse and experienced team during an exciting period of fast growth and expansion. If you want to be at a company where you can learn something new every day and grow your skills in different areas of product marketing, you should definitely apply for this position.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.