The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $89B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB is growing and gaining adoption rapidly across the globe with the most demanding and innovative companies and development teams in enterprise software. We are looking for passionate technologists to join our Pre-Sales organization to ensure that our growth is grounded and guided by strong technical alignment with our platform and the needs of our customers.
MongoDB Pre-Sales Solution Architects are responsible for guiding our customers and users to design and build reliable, scalable systems using our data platform. Our team is made up of seasoned software architects, entrepreneurs, and developers who take direct responsibility for customer success, including the design of their software, deployment, and operations. You'll work closely with our sales reps and play a key role in winning deals and driving the business forward. You'll be a trusted advisor to a wide range of users from start-ups to the world's largest enterprise IT organizations.
As an ideal candidate, you will have
- Professional experience could be 10+ years, should have a strong software development background, and 4+ years of pre-sales experience with enterprise software
- Solid understanding and ability to code with two or more modern scripting languages (e.g. Python, Node.js, SQL) and/or popular programming languages (e.g. C/C++, Java, C#)
- Experience with scalable and highly available distributed systems
- The ability to travel up to 30% (Hong Kong, Taiwan, Thailand, and Indonesia) once the world will return to normal
- The candidate should proficient in Chinese & English
As an ideal candidate, you may also have (nice to have)
- Experience selling databases and/or deploying applications with any of the major cloud providers (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, etc.)
- Experience with database programming and data models
- A MongoDB Certification (not required)
What you do at MongoDB
- You design systems, applications, and infrastructure to help drive some of the world's largest software development projects using MongoDB
- You advise customers on architectures, patterns, and strategies for making the best use of MongoDB
- You expertly articulate the business value of MongoDB solutions
- You partner with our sales team to help ensure success in accounts ranging from small startups to large enterprises
- You align to support sales with activities such as technical discovery, demos, proof of value, presentation, sizing, and documentation of technical decision criteria; working across a number of opportunities in parallel
- You translate technical concepts and patterns into business benefits for management and executives
- You act as a liaison, capturing feedback from the field to relay back to the Product Management team
- You will have the opportunity to help drive demand through the participation in both industry-known trade-shows as well as account-based marketing events
- You demonstrate resilience and good judgment in dealing with business challenges.
- You have an ability to drive customer demand within a sales territory, by being self-motivated, proactive and understanding the importance of a strong sense of urgency
- You proactively seek opportunities to support and mentor other pre-sales team members and share standard methodologies
- You have situational awareness and react appropriately in group settings
What you will learn
- The rapidly growing MongoDB product suite, including
- Core database server
- Atlas (fully managed cloud database service)
- Atlas Data Lake
- Atlas Full-Text Search
- Other Tools and connectors - Ops/Cloud Manager, Compass, Connector for BI, Connector for Spark
- Market-relevant, complementary technologies e.g. Apache Kafka, Kubernetes
- Modern and popular architecture design patterns, methodologies, and concerns e.g. microservices, event-driven architectures, DevOps, cloud, security
- Sales techniques and related soft skills - presentations, demonstrations, whiteboarding, discovery, objection handling
- Exposure to a wide variety of market verticals and a broad spectrum of exciting use cases
Are you curious to know what it’s like to be a Solutions Architect at MongoDB: https://www.mongodb.com/blog/post/making-an-impact-as-a-solution-architect-at-mongodb—meet-winston-vargo
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.