The database market is massive (IDC estimates it to be $119B by 2025!) and MongoDB is leading its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to go public in 20 years. Join MongoDB and see what kind of impact you can make on the company and on the world.
About the role
We’re looking for a talented, driven leader with great energy, passion and initiative to manage a highly talented Enterprise Regional Director leadership team, who drive awareness and new business acquisition for the fastest growing database on the planet, MongoDB.
The Enterprise Regional Director leadership team concentrates exclusively on formulating and executing a sales development and growth strategy within assigned countries in the Nordics, resulting in revenue growth, new customer acquisition and recruitment.
As the Regional Vice President with a focus on Recruitment, Enablement and Execution for the Nordics team, you will drive revenue and assure the continued successful trajectory of this strategically important region.
About the Sales Culture
MongoDB is always developing and innovating — not only in our technology, but also in our sales go-to-market strategy. Our sales leadership is committed to building the best salesforce in technology. This means, inspiring and enabling success for everyone on the team. We not only equip you to be successful and close deals, but we want your feedback and input on how we can continue to “Think Big and Go Far.” As a crucial part of the Sales team at MongoDB, you will have access to a lucrative market and learn how to sell from some of the most successful sales leaders in the software industry.
What you will be doing
- Coach the regional leadership team to close business to exceed monthly, quarterly and annual bookings objectives
- Enable the team to proactively prospect, identify, qualify and develop sales pipeline
- Proactively recruit first line Regional Sales Directors and Enterprise Sales Executives
- Foster strong and effective relationships, resulting in growth opportunities
- Work closely with Professional Services team to achieve customer satisfaction and with Marketing to conduct seminars, trade shows and other marketing related events
- Be an example of MongoDB culture and values; live them, and inspire others
What you will bring to the table
- Proven experience in building & leading sales teams across the West Coast
- Ability to articulate the business value of complex enterprise software technology
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and proven track record of overachievement and hitting sales targets
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills; ability to build strong business partnerships both outside and within the organization
- Skilled at business planning and diligent at measuring and communicating progress towards the plan, identifying roadblocks, and coming up with appropriate solutions
- Skilled in managing time and resources; sound approach to qualifying opportunities
Things we love
- Passionate about growing your career in the largest market in software (database)
- Previous Sales Methodology training (e.g. MEDDIC, SPIN, Challenger Sales)
- Familiarity with databases, develops and open source technology a plus
Why join now
- MongoDB invests 8x the industry average in development of each of our new hires & continuous career development
- Accelerators up to 30%
- Best in breed Sales trainings in MEDDIC and Command of the Message, including our comprehensive Sales Bootcamps and development programs
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Generous and competitive benefits (parental leave, fertility & wellbeing support)
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture - Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB,
This role is remote optional until November 1, 2021, we are looking to speak to candidates who plan to be available in our Palo Alto or San Francisco office for when we introduce our hybrid model.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.