The Cloud Services team is a diverse group of individuals who develop software to run MongoDB at a global scale (see MongoDB Atlas). Our software and services allow users to deploy fault-tolerant, globally distributed MongoDB clusters in minutes.
The main focus of this team (Private Cloud, Ops Manager) is to adapt our software to handle MongoDB clusters which are deployed in data centers or private cloud platforms.
You will work on the core functionality for all of our cloud products, mainly on the Ops Manager and Cloud Manager products. Our team's end users are some of the largest businesses in the world, deploying massive clusters and processing huge amounts of data.
You will report to the Lead Engineer, Private Cloud Team at MongoDB.
A phenomenal fit for this role will be
- Someone who loves programming! Someone who enjoys working with others to achieve a common goal
- You're flexible. You're willing to tackle a wide variety of responsibilities, learning as you go
- You're a self-starter. You're comfortable coordinating your own time, prioritising, and acting on multiple tasks concurrently
- Experience working on, or with, a remote team (Cloud Services Engineers are split between Dublin and New York)
What is in it for you
- Generous compensation package (top-range salary, equity, comprehensive benefits)
- Flexible working options (not a strict 9-6 role, work from home 1-2 days per week)
- Opportunities to learn on the job (time to upskill in new technologies)
- Team budget for attending industry-specific conferences and training
- High level of independence in your day to day work
- You'll be joining a good-humored encouraging team that work well together
- Design, implement, test, and release features for Cloud Manager and Ops Manager
- Test and incrementally ship elements of sophisticated projects
- Apply our core values to your work, in planning, design, and coding
- Assist with solving problems with bugs in customer deployments
- Experience building multi-threaded, asynchronous, distributed systems
- Good knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals (data structures and algorithms)
- Good understanding of Object Orientation concepts
- Ability to think conceptually and design modular, sophisticated systems
- Experience working directly with production systems
Nice to haves
- Experience with multiple programming languages
- Familiarity running services on Cloud Infrastructure (Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure), using containers and/or container orchestration platforms (Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift)
- Experience with the MongoDB Server (specialized, in-depth training will be provided upon joining)
- Experience or interest in full-stack web application development
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
*MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer*