The Drivers team builds the libraries and tools that developers use day-to-day working with MongoDB. Our mission is to increase developer adoption, satisfaction and retention by providing a reliable, enjoyable interface for developers and other end-users.
For this role, we're looking for someone who enjoys designing, writing, and supporting Open Source libraries and standalone tools for developers and administrators using MongoDB. You will have the opportunity to learn from veteran Java programmers, who can help you deepen your knowledge of the Java ecosystem, or advance your career as a writer and speaker.
You might be right for this role if you...
- Have substantial, demonstrable experience writing high-quality software
- Experience implementing libraries or applications in Java or other languages that run on the JVM
- Are fascinated with concurrency, parallelism and distributed systems
- Want to participate in Open Source software development and communities
- Communicate well, internally and externally, both in writing and face-to-face
- Are excited by our mission and values
You'll be on the team responsible for...
- Java driver, Java Reactive Streams Driver, Scala Driver, Spark Connector, and other JVM-based projects
- Testing, delivering and supporting the above list across multiple operating systems, Java versions, and versions of MongoDB
- You'll have responsibilities beyond writing code, including...
- Working with our Product, Server and Cloud teams on designs and specifications for new customer-facing MongoDB features
- Investigating bugs and support requests from commercial and Open Source customers for the libraries and tools our team maintains
- Seeking out speaking or writing opportunities to evangelize to developer communities
Success in this role means...
- Within three months, you'll know most of the codebase you are responsible for and will be contributing effectively day-to-day fixing bugs, implementing already-planned features and doing peer code-review
- Within six months, you'll have implemented major, planned new features; you'll be able to respond effectively to technical support escalations for the codebases you know best; you'll have the trust of the team and our internal customers
- Within a year, you'll have delivered several new releases of our software, will have significantly improved the quality, performance and maintainability of our codebase, and will be able to independently scope and design new features of moderate complexity
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws