The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $89B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
Does growing one of the most popular databases in the world to new use cases and industry verticals excite you? If so, the Product Manager, Query Execution role at MongoDB could be the opportunity you’re looking for. MongoDB is the database of choice for modern applications thanks to its high scalability, reliability, flexible data model, and powerful query engine. Our team is growing fast and we have lots of exciting problems to work on that have a direct impact on users.
Let’s change what’s possible for application developers, business analysts, and data scientists!
- Help the Query team reach ideal product decisions on core areas such as indexing, query optimization, logging/diagnostics and query operators based on input from internal partners, customers, prospects, market studies combined with your analysis of query patterns and common data models
- Drive coordination across Engineering, Marketing, Sales, and executive leadership
- Passionately advocate for our customers about performance, usability, and security
- Provide an unparalleled customer experience by driving new features, marketing programs, customer surveys, partnerships, pricing, and technical documentation
- 2+ years spent working on at least one of storage engines, query languages, optimizers, indexing, logging, caching, sharding or database extensibility with a good understanding of database fundamentals.
- 1+ years spent in managing APIs and/or programming languages as a PM in the software industry
- Solid technical skills — be comfortable with diving into new code, learning from existing examples, exploring APIs, prioritizing bugs, analyzing support cases, and speaking authoritatively on any of the technical aspects of the tools in your portfolio
- Have the ability to communicate sophisticated technical issues simply and convincingly to a wide range of audiences
- Ability to distill customer use cases and requirements, write comprehensive business cases and execute on them
- The ability to excel in a fast-paced, growing team
- In 3 months you will be fully versed in the MongoDB Platform and all of its component parts
- In 6 months you will understand and be able to clearly communicate the needs of the partners you will be leading
- In 9 months you will be using that understanding to direct the engineering roadmap and ensure the successful release and use of new features by our customers
- MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k effective upon employment
- Flexible Vacation Policy
- Open to a full-time remote role
- Company equity (RSUs)
- Eligibility for Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Gender-neutral Global Parental Leave Policy that's paid for 20 weeks after 1 yr of employment, with addition 4-week flexible Return to Work arrangements
- Family planning benefit (fertility care, adoption, and surrogacy assistance up to 90%)
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.