The Technical Program Management team is responsible for devising, implementing, and improving the processes (and associated tools) that help us MongoDB engineers to succeed in making MongoDB the best database software possible.
As a Technical Program Manager within Realm, you will ensure that the team you work with proceed efficiently from ideation through to release and during every step in between.
The right candidate for this role will be
- 2-3 years working in an Engineering organization, whether in a development, support or administrative role
- Able to maintain a strategic view of our software engineering process even while executing on the minutiae of everyday development
- Skilled at communicating across a diverse set of engineers and their partners (also engineers)
- Hyper-organized and capable of balancing all of the data associated with projects and task-tracking
- Knowledgeable of and experienced with implementing agile/Scrum standard methodologies
- Inspired to identify and innovate in areas where automation can replace manual work. Driven by an attuned sense of priority and tenacity
- Able to appreciate the engineering concepts being discussed, allowing them to facilitate discussion and flesh out the details required to ensure successful delivery
- Trained in working with project tracking software (e.g. JIRA, Rally, MS Project)
- Design and improve the processes and tools that advise the daily life of engineers. Expand knowledge into new domains as called upon
- Act as the glue between Engineering and Product to prioritize the team's backlog and plan its release roadmap
- Facilitate communication with other MongoDB engineering teams to ensure that all roadmaps are aligned. Recognize patterns in a sea of information and take action accordingly
- Identify risks to our releases, mitigating them where possible and communicating them where not possible
- In 3 months, you will hopefully be fully ramped on team development processes
- In 6 months, you would take complete ownership of executing those processes
- In 12 months you’ll have started to identify areas for process improvement across the Engineering team
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
*MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer*