The Docs Platform team is searching for an infrastructure-oriented senior developer to bring to life the second iteration of our builds and integrations framework.
The Docs Platform is an industry leader in documentation delivery and management and the build and integrations framework is at the heart of the Docs Platform architecture. As part of this role you will be creating an automation framework that is tightly integrated with the MongoDB SDLC, as well as designing our scheduled publish architecture. You will also be continuing the work we have already begun on CI/CD and our CDN integration.
There is a green field aspect to this role as well as we seek to expand our analytics roadmap, an aspect of our tooling which has not been fully developed and which will provide a significant growth opportunity.
This is a full stack role, with a Node.js core and integrations with MongoDB Realm. On the infrastructure side we leverage ec2 and k8s, with integrations to Fastly, github, and slack.
- You are a senior level developer (more than 4 years of experience), preferably in Node.js, with a strong penchant for modular, scalable, maintainable code
- You have a year or more of experience working with a relational or document database
- You have experience working with cloud platforms (AWS)
- You enjoy tackling tricky and sometimes complex infrastructure challenges
- You have an interest in further developing your devops side -- and are not afraid to get your hands dirty with custom integrations and features when you meet a third party limitation
- You use best practices when it comes to development, testing, and security
- You enjoy working with a team of developers who are always striving to do their jobs better, to learn, and to do so with an open and kind attitude
- You are interested in diving deeper into analytics integrations and methodology
Within 2 months
- You’re familiar with our codebase, our development practices, our tools, and processes
- You have a sense of the scope of the challenges to come and a high level strategy for how to approach these challenges
- You’ve scoped and coded a new feature or contributed to an existing feature
- You are participating in code reviews
Within 6 months
- You are participating in architecture discussions and software design efforts
- You have written a technical spec and planned the work involved in a major new feature
- You are participating in the evolution of the integration system roadmap
- You are participating in code reviews and contributing positively to the team environment
Within 12 months
- You’ve developed and shipped a project from concept to production
- You’ve provided guidance to other team members
- You have a clear understanding of your longer term goals and have integrated a plan to meet them with your work at MongoDB
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws