The Drivers Team builds the libraries and tools that developers use day-to-day working with MongoDB. Our mission is to increase developer adoption and satisfaction by providing a reliable, enjoyable interface for developers and other end-users.
Our engineers are typically specialists in a particular programming language, but are capable of contributing to projects in other languages as well.
For this role, we're looking for someone who will enjoy designing, writing, and supporting Open Source libraries and tools for .NET developers that use MongoDB.
You might be right for this role if you..
- Have substantial, demonstrable experience writing high-quality software in C#
- Have deep knowledge of the .NET and Windows ecosystem, especially with regard to building high-performance database applications
- Are fascinated by issues arising due to concurrency and parallelism
- Have participated in Open Source software development and/or communities
- Can make pragmatic design tradeoffs, balancing features, maintainability and delivery time
- Communicate well, internally and externally, both in writing and face-to-face
- Lift the skills and expertise of those around you
- Are excited by our mission and values
Our team is responsible for
- Develop and support libraries and tools for MongoDB on the .NET platform, collaborating with peers in our distributed world-wide engineering team
- Advocate for and remove barriers to entry to the adoption of MongoDB in the .NET developer community
- Mentor junior engineers, in both technical and non-technical professional skills
- Work with our Product and Server teams on designs and specifications for new customer-facing MongoDB features
Success in this role means..
- Within three months, you will be contributing effectively day-to-day, fixing bugs, and implementing already-planned features
- Within six months, we will look for you to contribute to the roadmap for our products and lead the design and specification of new features; you'll have the trust of the team and our internal customers
- Within a year, you'll have delivered several new releases of our software, will have significantly improved the quality, performance and maintainability of our codebase, and will be taking the lead in designing new features to solve novel customer challenges
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws